Helmetcam Video's from BajaMX

Here are some video's I took from BajaMX in Millington, MI. This is my 2nd time out at this track and 2nd time riding in about 1.5 years (due to a L-O-N-G layoff last year). I feel my speed picking up alot but it's committing to some of the larger jumps that is taking it's time coming back. This track is largely sand in a few places which really adds to the difficulty factor. It's okay though as this is the only thing I don't mind "re-learning" by repeat experience! :crazy:

Lap 1

Lap 2

Lap 3

Lap 4

Sweet videos man. :crazy:

nice vid. looks like a fun track.

I love that track, my favorite track in Michigan.

I love that track, my favorite track in Michigan.

I 2nd that.

Nice vids. Dude you could get those doubles and tables easy. I know, tough in traffic though.

Where about in MI is that? I am in Cincinnati and a good road trip is never out of the question.

BTW, I thought I heard some decel popping... Maybe a little lean?

Trox,

That track is about 30 miles north of Flint, Michigan. I would say for you it would be about 300 or so miles. Yeah, I know I had the speed for the doubles, and tabletops and now watching the helmet cam video's I realize they don't look 1/2 as big now as they did in person so next time out I am gonna just do it, almost all are pretty forgiving and with my new re-valved suspension I have come up short and not had too many issues. I think the temps rose quickly and I didn't have a chance to adjust my fuel screw to compensate which is why it was popping I believe.

Oh yeah, the C class which I rode in had about 70-75% of the big bikes in it that showed up, the A/B class had maybe 20-30 guys in it. With that being said I was more worried about getting ran over than jumping at some places which is why you see me looking behind me so much, I don't question my own skill, it is the other's landing on me (happened before) that worries me.

Thats awesome i hope u see nico izzi there sometime hes so fast, and good luck on ur riding, wish tracks got rough like that out here in cali with like ruts and stuff.

Oh yeah, the C class which I rode in had about 70-75% of the big bikes in it that showed up, the A/B class had maybe 20-30 guys in it. With that being said I was more worried about getting ran over than jumping at some places which is why you see me looking behind me so much, I don't question my own skill, it is the other's landing on me (happened before) that worries me.(Quote)

I heard that. If you hold your line and don't cut across the track at the wrong time, USUALLY you will be okay. Iknow you said you are just getting back into it, but you will build confidence quickly.

Definately looks like a sweet track. Fun, forgiving jumps(important when you have responsibilities to worry about). I'll PM you and at least get the street name so I can download directions on MapQuest. Be safe

Man I wish we had something like that here! Not much in Nebraska!

very sweet videos though!

what sort of camera do you have?

M49,

I use a Canon ZR60 Mini-DV camcorder (which is pretty old by today's standards) and a helmet cam setup from helmetcamera.com. I have the whole set up all enclosed in a camelbak backpack with the water bladder removed. Pretty sweet setup that you really can't tell it's their which is unlike the fanny pack I starting riding with, never again.

Also, I took a copy of one of the unedited laps and stuck it online. It should be noted this file is HUGE about 700Mb but the quality is what I would like to see out of my video's if I didn't have to reduce them for size constraints. It sures give you alot better appreciation of how nice this track is as well.

Unedited Lap

thats way better detail :crazy:

is your helmet cam the 420 line ?

Nice i look forward in seeing more videos from u with that nice quality.

Finally a video without music ! Thank you. Looks like a fun track. Good job on the video. I'm sick of videos with the speed metal trailer park trash music. Much rather here the bikes and the rider ( yelling or cussing ). I like having you're visor showing in the vid, its gives the video some stability or something. Maybe not quite as much visor though.

Nice

Jerry