Great Jacket at a Great Price!

I normally wear a large and I bought a large. I am able to where my sixsixone pressure suit under this jacket with comfort.

I am 5'11" 195lbs and wear 34" pants. The jacket is roomy through the chest and shoulders, but if you have a belly you might want to go up a size.

I normally wear a large and I bought a large. I am able to where my sixsixone pressure suit under this jacket with comfort.

I am 5'11" 195lbs and wear 34" pants. The jacket is roomy through the chest and shoulders, but if you have a belly you might want to go up a size.

Thanks for the info!

You can remove the liner, open the vents, unzip the forearm part of the jacket and let some breeze through. Probably won't be good for slow technical trails though. The best part about the waterproof capability is if you get mud on it, it is easy to clean. I like the padding and leather at the critical areas. I have also ordered the upgraded armor for when I am not wearing my offroad armor with the jacket.

If you are looking for a little protection and more ventilation then get one of the mesh jackets. The one you are looking at is definitely not as abrasion resistant as the trekker jacket. It might hold up to one or two encounters with branches or rocks or the ground, but it is not going to hold up the same as the trekker.

There are many good jackets on that site at good prices. There are even leather mesh jackets. Find one you like and go for it. :crazy:

I have the First Gear Trekker and it is a great winter jacket, but I only wear it in winter.

I have a Joe Rocket Comet for the inbetween times Regularly 249-299 - On closeout sale $115 plus tax and shipping

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_comet_jacket_page.htm

And for Summer - Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 Mesh Jacket at Derby Cycles - $110 plus shipping.

http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?cart_id=8427045.38224&pid=3216&product=&count=1

And you can add this for the really hot days - Sahara Vest at New Enough - Polymer imbedded for holding moisture - zips into Phoenix Jacket - $39 plus tax and shipping

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_sahara_vest_page.htm

-

I have had my Trekker for over 2 years now and it is a GREAT dual sport jacket. Its way too hot for trail riding in the summer, but if you put down road miles and want a jacket that will keep you safe and warm and be able to stand up to a serious beating then buy it.

It is very thick and stiff compared to all the new jackets I have tried on. I am considering buying another one because they are so cheap and have been discontinued. When ever I try on a new jacket now, I can't help but think, "this doesn't feel NEARLY as burly as my Trekker."

45-85 degrees is good for this jacket because of the removable liner and all the vents (so long as you are moving 15mph or better).