swap out

what is the main cause of the end "swapping" side to side in the whoops or sand whoops???? is it normally too soft of comp setting and too fast of a rebound setting??? it starts with a small swap and then just gets larger and larger until i have to jump off... (it does not normally stop even if i back out of the throttle)

high speed comp adjuster, low speed comp adjuster or both??? the bike is new and the suspension has just been serviced and valved/ sprung by a popular suspension company...

Stiffen the low speed compression on both the rear and the forks in sand and whoops. Make sure your sag is set correctly and look at rebound settings if the problem continues.

In answer to your question the MAIN reason for swapping in sand and whoops is to light low speed compression damping.

A couple of other possibles, when they did the work did they replace the spring? Normally you would notice if the spring were to firm when setting sag. A too firm spring can also get the rear hopping around and in some cases start back and forth. Also double check your rear wheel alignment, sometimes guys misread the adjusters and make the bike track sideways.

Roo and Shawn likely nailed it with the clicker tweaks, but wanted to toss these out if clickers don't do it.

PK

they did install a 4.8 kg/mm shock spring and used the stock .42 fork springs. these spring rates are a little on the stiff side for my weight (145 lbs) but i am still at 20mm of free sag at 100mm of race sag, which is within the 20mm to 35mm spec for free sag (on the stiff side though). maybe i should install a 4.6 and .40 combo to see if it works better for me??? it feels good everywhere else but i dont want to have a bad setup that could set me up for stepping off the high side in the whoops again...