Worked all day on my DRZ

Replaced all the stock plastic with Acerbris black. Had to trim the inside of the shrouds to fit over the Devol radiator guards. I trimmed the tabs off the rear fender and did not install the light. Replaced the front plate/light with a Cycra vented plate/fork shroud combo. Removed the fork boots. Installed Jimmy Buttons. Man she looks sweet. Now I am dying to ride and am booked for the rest of the weekend.

You all have a great Holiday.

I'll bet it does look sweet!!!! Get us some pics if ya can. you havea good holiday too!

Here is is. OOPS look below.

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: SANDRZ ]

Here is is.

black2.jpg

The front plate. Picture was prior to installing the Jimmy Button bars.

black1.jpg[/QB]

Does anyone make a black tank for my bike? I sure as hell can't find good tank graphics.

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: SANDRZ ]

Saweeet! :) I like it!

Your bike looks awesome! It will look even better when you find that black tank. If it was mine I would remove all the stickers, but to each his own. I bet the black won't show the dirt either.

Looks good, leave the yellow tank, it adds just a nice touch of color I think. Go for some black rims.

Thanks for the URL but the S tank does not fit the E.

What year is that 911?

Originally posted by PJG55:

What year is that 911?

It is not mine. It looked early 90's. I am not much into cars (cages), only motorcycles get my attention, street or dirt.

Is it really necessary to remove the fork boots? That's asking for big trouble :)

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: ColoradoDRZ ]

Originally posted by ColoradoDRZ:

Is it really necessary to remove the fork boots? That's asking for big trouble :)

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: ColoradoDRZ ]

I may have been able to leave them on. Why do you consider it big trouble? Most bikes don't have them.

Most bikes that don't have fork boots also have inverted forks where(I would think) there is less of a chance for dirt/sand to collect around the seal area. On a conventional fork, and at least on newer machines, you will almost always see fork boots. I have a 75' RM125 that doesn't and never has had fork boots. I think if I bought some aftermarket fork boots for it, I might not have to replace the damn seals as much as I have to now. Dirt is the #1 killer of those seals.

BTW, that is one sweet looking machine! I would like to do the same thing, but I would leave my fork boots on and buy a black Acerbis dual side-by-side headlight. I think that would look really good too.

Originally posted by ColoradoDRZ:

Most bikes that don't have fork boots also have inverted forks where(I would think) there is less of a chance for dirt/sand to collect around the seal area. On a conventional fork, and at least on newer machines, you will almost always see fork boots. I have a 75' RM125 that doesn't and never has had fork boots. I think if I bought some aftermarket fork boots for it, I might not have to replace the damn seals as much as I have to now. Dirt is the #1 killer of those seals.

Seal Savers(Click Here)

$19 shipped to your door. Can't beat 'em. :)

drz_right_11_29.jpg

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: CAL ]

What is the part # for that number plate? Where did you get it? If you have a link, that would be great. Thanks.

Originally posted by CAL:

[QB]

Seal Savers(Click Here)

$19 shipped to your door. Can't beat 'em. :)

I assume those are the 1 3/4 " shorts?

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: SANDRZ ]

Hey, that's what I'm talking about! :) A set of those would be perfect for my vintage machine. One question though; do you have to take each fork leg out of the clamps to install?