My "ultimate" CRF450X build

Sweet looking X. It looks like you've done alot of mods.

Sorry to hear about the knee injury, ouch!

I also bought a 06 450X but I haven't had the time and money to trick it out yet. I put on the bare minimum stuff so far, jetting, skid plate and rad guards with more to come this season. I know from my trips last summer that a bigger fuel tank is needed. I don't which comes first, time or money, it seems that it's seldom both!

Colorado is very easy to make dirt bikes street legal. All that is required for a crf450x is a horn, mirror, speedometer and brake light. Turn signals not required.

In Colorado, the Dept of Motor Vehicles also don't even inspect the bike. They just have you sign a document that says "Yes, my vehicle meets the requirements to be street legal."

It took me all of 5 minutes to go into the DMV and get plates for my bike.

In our National Forests, most of the roads have "no dirt bikes/no ATVs" signs. Only street legal vehicles allowed. It's a great feeling to be camping and be able to ride the 450x anywhere on these roads which would otherwise be off limits. I've come across Rangers and they don't even look twice. :applause:

Dakota, where in colorado do you live? we are always looking for somone to go riding with.