Sign in to follow this  

practice vs race !!!!!!!!

i have been riding for a year and racing for 5 months. I am trying to make amateur and i am half way their my only problem is i practice twice a week and i also train during the week. when i practice i stay up with B riders and ride a real aggressive and smooth pace,but when i get to the races when i feel i have the speed to run top 3 I start messing up taking bad lines and sometimes in a little cautious I'm tough sections. I don't think it's my riding ability i was just wondering is it that i just don't have enough experience yet and that it will come just by racing every week. I put so much into it and when i go to the races and get passed because i slowed down to much for some stuff it really eats me up when i know i can go faster. Does anyone else have any advice or has gone threw this.

just be real confident and don't let yourself freak out about the race like when I'm in the lead or top three i just ride as if I'm in last and trying to get passed the other racers. or if your ridding really fast in practice go into the race and ride like it is a practice but even speed will come just keep practicing and don't ride out of your limit well not to much out of your limit or you'll end up crash really hard :ride::crazy:

I have the same problem, but its usually just the first moto. Last weekend I went out and got spanked the first moto and got 7th place, but that afternoon after leaving the track for a few hours and getting my thoughts together, I came back and placed second after an intense race with "and beating" the guy in first place for the series. I wish I could figure out my stumble with the first moto of every race, but until then I'll just run my own lines and push.

i seem to mess up when im doing really good then start thinking about things. if you just stay focused and concentrated, you should do fine.