Guts ache - need help!

Lately after a race my guts hurt so bad I can hardly stand it, can't sleep, can't eat, just wondering if anybody else has had that problem or might know what it would be. I don't think it's kidneys, or nerves. The rougher the course the worse it is. (enduro racing, about 3 hours long)

Try using a Kidney belt next time-they aren't just for kidneys-they help keep your guts in place instead of jiggling all over. And it will help take the strain off your muscles in your back.

Sorry, but this is the wrong answer. Yes, it may seem logical to 'support' this area, but what is actually needed is STRENGTHENING of the core. By supporting with the belt, you only further weaken muscles that are already neglected.

I don't know that this is this fellows issue anyway. I think he may be having digestive issues. motojoe, can you be more specific when you say your "guts hurt".

Trox,

You are right on both points, I workout regularly and I don't just wear a weight belt around all the time like I see alot of people doing, it only weakens the back mucsles. Secondly, it's not in the location of my kidneys, it's right in the stomach area in the middle (not too low either). I am in excellent shape and don't have any flab to hold in place while I ride, my stomach is flat with abs showing, and it's not sore abs, I know what that feels like.

Trox,

You are right on both points, I workout regularly and I don't just wear a weight belt around all the time like I see alot of people doing, it only weakens the back mucsles. Secondly, it's not in the location of my kidneys, it's right in the stomach area in the middle (not too low either). I am in excellent shape and don't have any flab to hold in place while I ride, my stomach is flat with abs showing, and it's not sore abs, I know what that feels like.

Not trying to be gross, but to try to get a better idea if this is digestive or not, do you have any problems with diarrhea or upset stomach otherwise. I have a feelong it MAY be due to pre race diet. It sounds as though this is a relatively new occurance? To rule things out, have you just started racing events this long or have you been racing for awhile and this just started? What do you typically eat the day before and the day of a race?

When I started racing, my workouts and diet were heavily based around bodybuilding. One of the first races I entered, I downed a bunch of cottage cheese right before the start. Yeah, you can imagine how I felt, lol. :crazy:

Yeah, I was thinking IBS but he didn't say anything like that....

Sometimes groin pain can radiate up into the ab area so that you don't even notice the groin/hip area hurts...

How long does it hurt afterward? or does it not go away??

Ligament and suspensitory(?) muscles hurt differently than sore muscles.

Or heck, you could just have an ulcer! or a hernia!! :crazy: Just kidding. More info would be helpful. You may just need support in that area if you are planning on doing the rough stuff.

• 3 weeks later...