Sign in to follow this  

Tahoe National Forest OHV Survey Link for trial designations!

We need to go to the attached Link and let the Forest Service know what types of trails we all like to ride. The Tahoe National Forest Service has a survey out that they are using to designate the "new" OHV trail system.

By "new" trail system, I gathered it really means "where to not let OHV'ers go" new trail system. I guarantee the oponents to OHVing are filling out their forms. Do your part.

Lets get our voice out there with filling out the survey and passing it on to other TT'ers out there. Let us enjoy our land as any other red blood Americans (two-strokes and four-strokes can get along together for this one).

http://ohvsurvey.info

I did mine too, but did you notice that it was not a survey put out by the USFS or Tahoe National Forest? I eliminated my comments because it could be a method of gathering info against us too. UC Davis is a liberal stronghold for the greenies you know.

Then again I may just be paranoid.

Dave

i agree that this seems shady. if its affiliated with UC Davis or the USFS, why isn't it hosted on their servers? Why isn't there any contact info on the page? How did the original poster find this page in the first place? Where does the submitted info go?

I did mine too, but did you notice that it was not a survey put out by the USFS or Tahoe National Forest? I eliminated my comments because it could be a method of gathering info against us too. UC Davis is a liberal stronghold for the greenies you know.

Then again I may just be paranoid.

Dave

It was forwarded to me from Ann Westling, public relations at the main Tahoe National Forest location regarding "Tahoe National Forest - Route Designation Process - Update - May

2006". I did see the survey was by UC Davis, and I am aware of their opinions. I feel it is important to read their questions, read what they are trying to make you answer, and then answer them with the response that is not always the easiest to write.

The questions try to rail road you into "undesignated trail routes" typ of ohving. I used the open forum writing areas to elaborate on things that might help us keep the all of the trails open.

This is one of those surveys that is a catch-22 because of who is puting it on, but I still feel it is important not to just sit around and let the tree huggers take the initiative against all of our rights to use the trails, on foot, bike, horse, motorized scoot, the like. There, I am soapboxed out for the day..I am going to go wrench.

This is the origional email. Hope it answers any questions regarding authenticity of survey.

Tahoe National Forest - Route Designation Process - Update - May

As you all remember, in step 3 of the Route Designation Process, we

will be

identifying a proposed OHV trail system to provide a positive

experience

for OHV enthusiasts while also minimizing impacts to the forest

ecosystems.

As part of step 3, the Forest Service is looking at criteria on how to

rate

current trails from an OHV user perspective. A series of questions

proposed by UC Davis and the Forest Service was designed to determine

what

characteristics makes a trail challenging, popular, or totally

uninteresting. We are also asking for users' input regarding

non-motorized

trail criteria as well. Please take a look at the questions via the

following link and submit your suggestions. This will help us validate

our

set of assumptions regarding recreational trails on the Forest. It

would

be most helpful, if you could answer the questions by the end of May.

This

should not take too much time and your thoughts would be greatly

appreciated. Thanks for your help!

OHV link: http://ohvsurvey.info

Ann Westling

Tahoe National Forest

Public Affairs Officer

(530) 478-6205

Thank you for the link. I've ridden outside of Truckee Tahoe for 25 years and absolutely love it. I hope they take into consideration the short season and the need for summer recreation. :crazy:

Oh my gosh!! Of all the numskulls. I live right here and I didn't even know about this. I will go in there tom. I was planning on a visit to ask the right rpm to check the sound on my 450(I own a meter). I was also going to offer my time/truck and trailer to remove an old dead car at one of the riding spots if they do the legal stuff. All we need is some young kid tourist first timer on too much motorcycle to crash into it and sue the Forestry. End of riding there.