Dirt Rider Bike of the Year?

I was stoked to see the bike I choose to buy, get BOTY.

just got a rekluse put in, next weekend is first ride with it. should be interesting.

although the 570xc that won the 24 hour test looks pretty fun as well.

might do that to my cousins 05 525mxc.

I Don't know if someone reported it yet, but the DR Bike of the Year is the 450MXC, haven't yet read the article, but sure seems interesting!

I wouldn't base any purchasing decision on a magazine "shootout". The winner is determined by how much advertizing and freebies the magazine staff gets. PERIOD

Not saying it isn't a great bike, I would just need to find out for myself prior to laying out all my hard earned cash.

I wouldn't base any purchasing decision on a magazine "shootout". The winner is determined by how much advertizing and freebies the magazine staff gets. PERIOD

Not saying it isn't a great bike, I would just need to find out for myself prior to laying out all my hard earned cash.

I agree with Glasseye, the newest most significantly changed bike is usually the winner. This is the same in the car / truck mags. Rarely do the big three manufacturers come out with a completely new design the same year as the competition, which makes the magazine guys job very easy. "This the brand new something model, the other ones haven't changed". "Well I think we have the bike/car/truck of the year here"...

But OTOH I have an 450XC and I think it feels like a works bike compared to the other 450 woods bikes. :ride:

Oh geeze, here we go again.

It has nothing to do with that at all. I know and ride with a few of the guys that ride/work at the magazines and that's not the case at all. If any mag would do that, it would be MXA and I still doubt it. Jody seems to have the most unwarranted ego around, so I wouldn't put anything past him...but I still doubt it. Remember when they slammed Suzuki so bad a few years back that Suzuki wouldn't give them test bikes? Suzuki still kept the ads running though. They really have no choice in the big picture.

The reason KTM doesn't do better is nothing more than the riders preferance itself. No matter how good the bike is alot of these guys have their mind made up before even kicking it over. It's changing, but the ad's have nothing to do with it.

Last year DirtRider ripped apart the WhiteBrothers pipe. WHitebrothers is part of another large ad buying group and they were pissed and felt treated unfairly. The pipe was slammed because of noise issues. I am pretty good friends with the guy who was only west coast sales rep during that time and he got the heat. The testers said too bad, fix it for next year.

Oh geeze, here we go again.

It has nothing to do with that at all. I know and ride with a few of the guys that ride/work at the magazines and that's not the case at all. If any mag would do that, it would be MXA and I still doubt it. Jody seems to have the most unwarranted ego around, so I wouldn't put anything past him...but I still doubt it. Remember when they slammed Suzuki so bad a few years back that Suzuki wouldn't give them test bikes? Suzuki still kept the ads running though. They really have no choice in the big picture.

The reason KTM doesn't do better is nothing more than the riders preferance itself. No matter how good the bike is alot of these guys have their mind made up before even kicking it over. It's changing, but the ad's have nothing to do with it.

Last year DirtRider ripped apart the WhiteBrothers pipe. WHitebrothers is part of another large ad buying group and they were pissed and felt treated unfairly. The pipe was slammed because of noise issues. I am pretty good friends with the guy who was only west coast sales rep during that time and he got the heat. The testers said too bad, fix it for next year.

One example that comes to mind: The first year Ford made the 2-door Explorer for Mazda, the magazine (don't remember for sure, but Car & Driver comes to mind) rated the Mazda branded version #1 and the Ford branded version #8