Sign in to follow this  

tall seat or spring

My bike rides pretty rough and isn't the most comfortable. For the money, which would be better a tall seat(cheaper) or a better spring? By the way, I have a chinese bike. Either way, how much better are tall seats than the regular seat comfortwise?

i have the same issue on my bikes, But someone told me a tall seat isnt any bigger then the ones that come stock on the aftermarket pit bikes, I ride SDG. I would be interested in buying a taller seat if i knew it was going to be taller. Does anyone know?

Most of the knockoffs come with a "tall seat" Im pretty sure your SDG has a tall seat. If you look at the seat and it has very little to no concave on the top then its a high seat. Check out some pics of stock 50's and you will see the difference.

shelbyzman: they are not supposed to be comfortable, thats why you bought a pit bike and not a big bike :crazy:

I know riding a pit bike isn't supposed to be comfortable :crazy: It's just that my shock feels non-existent sometimes. I didn't know if a tall seat would make my ride more tolerable.

Maybe a new shock is in order, that is the same problem I am having but am to cheap to buck up for a new one. Need maybe a little bit slower rebound (softer spring, better oil) I am re-doing my forks right now to get rid of the springy feel but will need to buy a new rear setup soon....I havent ridden any other seats than what I have and a stock honda, so I cant give you any advice there.

I am the same way, I don't have the cash, or want to buy a good spring because they cost quite abit. Therefore, I was thinking about a tall seat as an alternative. I know the seat couldn't be as good as a new spring, but mabey it would help some.

I think if you bought the tall seat first, then you would just end up being disappointed, and then end up buying the shock too. However, I looked at your bike in your garage, and the seat doesn't look much different than mine...I would assume that you have as tall a seat as you are going to get. On the other hand, you can go to www.stillwaterextreme.com (Guy Cooper's Store) and he sells a "cadillac seat". It is an extended seat for more comfort. To be honest, it looks kind of funny, but I think that it is very comfortable. (My wife has one on her pit bike...it came that way...we bought it used.)

stock chinese shock = worthless

get a new one

i wouldn't bother with a new spring. $159 on a staggs 1000lb shock would be probably the best money you could spend on that bike.