Sign in to follow this  

WR hard on plugs

my WR is blowing plugs quite quickly. I was talking to someone and they said to drive it really hard, and it will work great, so i did, and it worked good for a longer period of time than if i drove it like i used to. My dad owned this dirtbike before me and he didn't have to really drive it hard, and it worked fine, and i got all of the jets and stuff done last year, and got the bike back about 2 weeks ago from getting it tuned up (got the oil changed, new oil pump, clean carberators) Does anyone know what is wrong with my bike?

What do you mean by "blowing plugs"? Fouling or are they burning/melting the electrode at the end? How is the bike running? Is it boggy or sluggish? Off the bat it sounds like a jetting issue. Any after market parts connected to the coil?

I know you had the jetting done but jetting is a unique as the vin number on your bike. The current temp and humidity can affect jetting. Do you have a fuel screw installed?

Jeff

yeah what year bike adn what exactly is happening to the plug. To me sounds like your rich if they are foulding

ok.....i put a new plug in it tonight, and when i went on the trck, after about 10 minutes, it was starting to bog out and backfire, and when i shut it off, i couldnt get it going again.When i stop, should i turn off the gas or leave it on? I think it just fouls the plug, it dont melt it

ok.....i put a new plug in it tonight, and when i went on the track, after about 10 minutes, it was starting to bog out and backfire, and when i shut it off, i couldnt get it going again.When i stop, should i turn off the gas or leave it on? I think it just fouls the plug, it dont melt it

Sounds like a jetting issue. When you pull the plug and look at it is it black and kinda goopy? Or is it lighter with a burned/arc look to it? If it is dark then you are running rich, light you are running lean. Alter the main jet and needle clip one way or another based on your rich/lean condition. Another thing you should do is get the JD jetting kit. Massive improvement.

Look at http://www.thumperfaq.com/jetting.htm for a plethora of information on jetting.

The jetting forum has an incredible moderator that knows EVERYTHING about the FCR carb. :crazy::ride:

Jeff