Sign in to follow this  

SoCal Ride

sounds good. i live in orange county. only problem my bike is at fineline motorsports having the suspension reworked. i have a drzs. i traded my husaberg in for something with an electric starter. i did not know the suspension was so bad on the s model. i ordered heavier springs for the front. everytime i try to ride the drz on hardcore dirt trails i crash. i do know how to ride and have lots of experience. the suspension is so bad. we just straighten the rear sub frame. i left the helmet lock on cause i did not have the security wrench to remove it. i finally cut it off along with the bracket. i am convinced that is what bent the subframe cause it sticks out on the left side. i ride up in lake arrowhead alot on the single tracks. we just finished a snow ride. i went a little to fast on the highway and hit some ice.bent subframe, bent left radiator. raditor does not leak. antway should be good to go soon.

I'm in... Let's hit Baja for a day. I know a great loop. Just got back an hour ago from a day trip. Conditions were excelent the bike was perfect and company was the best.

Sounds Great! I'm in if we ride on a weekend!

Count me in. Going to Octotillo Wells this weekend with about 30 others to kick off the new year. We will be on County Line Road. Come on by.

I live in Alta Loma Ca, close to the entrance of Cucamonga Canyon there is a short ride to the falls and then also a great 26 mile ride to Lytle Creek. I have been looking for someone ride with (at my wife's urging to stop riding by myself for safety reasons). I usually ride on Sunday or Monday.

Originally posted by SoCa DRZ-S:

I live & ride in Rancho Cucamonga. I ridden these hills a time or two also.

If you'd like to ride around here, let me know.

Mike

I am surprised there is any open land left to ride in. I'd love to come up there and be shown around. I grew up in San Juan Capistrano and San Clemente. I rode Seabreeze, Saddleback, Escape Country and the open hill areas. I miss Saddleback the most. That place had it all!

Sign me up.

MJlang

How are you crossing the border? On your bike or do you haul it down? I would be very interested in a day ride in Baja. Ultimately I plan on going on one of the tour companies multi-day Baja rides.

Originally posted by mjlang:

I'm in... Let's hit Baja for a day. I know a great loop.

I'm in... Let's hit Baja for a day. I know a great loop. Just got back an hour ago from a day trip. Conditions were excelent the bike was perfect and company was the best.

It's lookin like Baja is the choice. Just set a date and give me a few weeks heads up. I told myself no more Mexico but what the heck, let's do it!

By the way I ride an E, not street registered. Is this a dula sport ride or off road only? Do they even care in Mexico?

:)

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: SANDRZ ]

OK... How is mid to late January looking? The only day I can't go is the 19th. The day loop we can take leaves from Tecate. The route is about 140 miles total with a fuel stop in the middle. (PMex gas is OK. I've run gallons of it through my bike without any trouble.) If you have a stock tank, you'll hit reserve just before the fuel stop. The riding is mostly two track at your own speed. Follow the #1 rule of riding Mexico, ride within your ability and be careful.

The weather will most likely be on the cool side. Yesterday, we had a snowball fight in the mountains near Laguna Hanson. Yes, it snows in Mexico.

I'll set up a meeting place on this side of the border. If someone needs to come down the night before, we'll work something out.

Two weeks ago a group of us rode from Tecate to San Quintin to Mike's Sky Ranch and back. According to my GPS, it was 504 miles. It was a true adventure.

BTW, SanDRZ I have an E with a plate but don't worry about it. I have buddies riding YZ 400s without lights or anything. We will have to haul the bikes across. Don't forget your registration. Sometimes they check at the border.

I bet it is fun down there. I sure would hate to get hurt in Baja. I usually ride plaster City. Tomorrow morning I will be at The MX track at Pala Indian reservation.

I can haul my bike across in my truck. Tecate works for me. I am glad we won't step foot in TJ. Jan 26th would work for me. I assume we would cancel for rain?

This is going to be a kick :)

Man, you guys are killing me! I would love to come down there and ride Baja with you. If I can work it out, will you let a NorCal rider tag along? Thanks, P

[ December 29, 2001: Message edited by: PMAUST ]

[ December 29, 2001: Message edited by: PMAUST ]

Come on down Bro!

I have a confession guys. I am really friggin slow. I just got back on the dirt after a 25 year layoff. I rode a nice forest trail in Pine Valley today. Most of the time I was in 2nd or 3rd. I got it in 4th a few times. If you think I will hold you guys up in Baja, go without me. I am seriously slow. Today and old lady with a cane passed me!

:)

I took my friend down two days ago and he had ridden his DRZ 6 times and this is his first bike. The only way you get better is lots of miles. Besides, my old granny was pretty quick with her walker.

Looks like the 26th is the favored day. Let's mark it down on our calendars. There is an outside change I might end up in the UK at the end of the month for work, but I'll work around this date.