Heated grips, where to buy?

I went for a woods ride 2 days ago, temp around 27. My hands froze. I'd like to take advantage of the cold but otherwise nice sunny weather we're having. :)

I know where you can get a factory set of grip warmers,but the cost is very high because they come on a snowmobile.lol.Sorry had to interject my dry sense of humor.27 degrees how does that work with the liquid cooled bike?

You most defenitly are a diehard!

Wally, Winter riding is some of the best riding you can experience. Heated grips, a GOOD set of studded tires and you can do things on frozen ground you only dream about in the dirt. Unless we have a foot of snow or temps in the single digits, we ride every sunday all winter long. And there are no hikers or bicyclers out there to give you any crap.

Pete

Baja Designs has grip heater for $27, you can get them here in Canada for $25 CND, so what is that $2 US?!

Heaters

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: va3mod ]

Heated grips....good, heated vest better. I've got one on my street bike- Sooo nice.

Where do you get studded snows in the US?

I found a web site in Swedish or Finnish...I couldn't tell. I'd love to ride year round without serious injury...Nokian makes great car and bicycle tires...but I can't seem to find anything.

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: aspenj ]

Aspenj, Check motorace.com,,, they have a great variety of studded tires. Pete

Originally posted by DR-ZEZ:

I went out today, it was mild at 37, didn't need heated grips. I had a great time, until I got caught in a rutt, and hit the ground hard. I'm OK, my rib cage is a little sore, damn rutts. :) But it made me think of those chest protectors. Are they worth getting?

You answered your own question. Ouch

Originally posted by YZ400Court:

You answered your own question. Ouch

Yeah, I guess I did. :)

Originally posted by DR-ZEZ:

I went out today, it was mild at 37, didn't need heated grips. I had a great time, until I got caught in a rutt, and hit the ground hard. I'm OK, my rib cage is a little sore, damn rutts. :) But it made me think of those chest protectors. Are they worth getting?

YES!

I hit a rut in the summer while flying down a hill, I came off the bike, when flying for about 10' landed on my shoulder slid another 15' on my back. I got up brushed the dust and grass off. Got back on my bike (after cutting off the broken turn signals) and rode off. I had a few scratches but other then that I was fine.

oops! Double post

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: va3mod ]

Originally posted by va3mod:

(after cutting off the broken turn signals)

Yeah, they're not worth a darn. I was sure that the right back one was a goner, but it some how survived. I heard the 2002 S has rubber mounted ones like the XR650L's.