xr650l smog removal & pipe

can you guys tell me if I remove all the smog crap from an "06" xr650l, Can I just plug everything up and be good to go or do I need to rejet? Also any suggested pipes. Can't be too loud I also ride it on the street, although those harley pipes definitley break the sound laws.

can you guys tell me if I remove all the smog crap from an "06" xr650l, Can I just plug everything up and be good to go or do I need to rejet? Also any suggested pipes. Can't be too loud I also ride it on the street, although those harley pipes definitley break the sound laws.

You will not have to rejet if you go only with removing the smog stuff. If you go with a pipe you will net to rejet.Since your taking the trouble to remove the smog you might want to do the Daves mods on fourstrokes .com also there are good imfo on doing the smog stuff over there also.

• 8 months later...
Don't toss the smog stuff. Just put it all in a box. California is planning on smogging bikes starting in 2007 or 2008. You will need to put it back on to pass.

That would be a tall task! They may start having new bikes smogged, but I would imagine that older bikes would be grandfathered!