XR50 throttle restrictor

I have put BBR big boy bars and trottle on my 2001 XR50. Now my younger daughter wants to learn how to ride it. Do they make throttle restrictors for after market throttles? I really don't want o keep swapping out the stock bars for when my oldest daughter wants to ride the 50. :crazy:

not that i know of, other than trying to rig something up id just leave it in second and make sure she respects the machine, regardless of the small appearance. ive had many friends learn that lesson the hard way.

Stephen

Oh yeah I've done some dumb shit on my 70 too. Like flipping it over while revving the engine too high in neutral and crashing it into a fence because it was going way too fast and my lack of attention.

the fuel line goes over the cable and prevents the slide from moving all the way up when the fuel line hits the carb cap. it will make the cable difficult to install though.

I would try to adjust as much slack into the cable as possible so that it won't go full throttle, then you could just adjust it back when you want to ride.

Or better yet, just spend alot of time teaching her how to stop. :crazy:

respect the machine, regardless of the small appearance. ive had many friends learn that lesson the hard way.

Stephen

LOL, yes make sure. My sister wanted to ride my 50 so I said sure....so I give it to her and before she gets on it she says "how do you make it go?". So I tell her to twist the throttle and BOOM the 50 comes flying at me in a power wheelie LOL. Luckily she held on to the bars and I caught it but man was that scary :crazy: