TTR125 BBR 150 kit + BBR 26mm carb kit: any further rejetting needed?

I ordered a BBR 150 kit and their 26mm Keihin carb kit they call "prejetted for most big bore applications". I don't know if additional jets are included in the carb kit and I'm wondering if I need any. two other mods I have right now (and intend to keep) are:

- FMF Power Core 4 full system

- UNI pod filter

Any thoughts on rejetting, I mean baseline settings? Anybody went exact same route and didn't need any rejetting? I'm sure it's been done before and doucmented somewhere here. I'm a relative ThumperTalk noob, so please refer me to the right threads: rejetting 26mm Keihin carb for BBR 150 kit.

I have pretty much the same setup on my TTR and I am currently running a 38 pilot jet and a 118 main jet. BBR recomends to run a 112-115 main and a 38 pilot (which should come with the carb). I beleive they say to stick the needle in the middle clip. Im in California as well, so it should be the same settings. Just work with the jets that they give you and go from there.

Where in Cali are you??

Hi Alex,

The carb does come with several additional jets for fine tuning.

It should be pretty close out of the box.

Hi, Jeff.

I hope the parts will arrive tomorrow and not on Monday, but it's not a big deal anyway. I suspected the carb kit comes with different jets. Glad you confirmed it.

I'll go with dirttrakin280h baseline and then watch the spark plug color. And my "mechanic" (a friend who helps me with wrenching) will play with the carb too.

I have pretty much the same setup on my TTR and I am currently running a 38 pilot jet and a 118 main jet. BBR recomends to run a 112-115 main and a 38 pilot (which should come with the carb). I beleive they say to stick the needle in the middle clip. Im in California as well, so it should be the same settings. Just work with the jets that they give you and go from there.

Where in Cali are you??

Thanks, man. I'll go with your baseline: 118/38/middle clip

I'm in Aliso Viejo, which is in Orange County, South of LA. I don't know if I menioned it in this thread, but I converted my TTR into a sportsman-class motard, so I can ride it at two local kart tracks: Adams and Grange.

As I lowsided yesterday at Adams, I keep thinking I've got enough power for that tight track (slippery after dark) without a 150 kit, but not for Grange on weekends, especially its long front straight.