can you jump a 2003 xr80

I'm sure I could jump over one with my XR400, maybe even my son's XR200. :crazy:

Seriously, how high, what's the landing like?...sloped down. Anything will jump. It just depends on high you're coming down from and what the landing is like. We used to have a trail 90 and we jumped that thing off a two footer onto to flat ground.

i jump my '03 xr80 but it doesn't do it any justice. it constantly bottoms out with jump like 50 ft. even the small stuff. get stiffer springs all around on the bike and it should hold its own. probally not for me thought. 6'0" 180lbs. i'm trying to get my g pa to get me a 230 but he thinks i'll kill myself. :crazy:

If you wanna be able to jump your xr80, you may need a few things.

1. BBR Frame Cradle- keep the frame from stretching, I love mine

2. Works Shock- Im getting one because im getting kx85 forks for my Crf120. There good shocks

3. Go with stiffer forks springs and heavier oil. IF you do these things ur 80 will be really nice.

btw i'm going to sell my xr80 still in perfect condition.

i jump my '03 xr80 but it doesn't do it any justice. it constantly bottoms out with jump like 50 ft. even the small stuff. get stiffer springs all around on the bike and it should hold its own. probally not for me thought. 6'0" 180lbs.

50 ft on an XR80??? and if you are riding it as hard as you say it can't be in "perfect" condition.

Seriously though, get a frame cradle and you should be OK for now. Will definitely want to do some suspension work though.

i don't think that the dealership would of done anything. can u change the sag on ur bike? and yeah my bike is still in almost perfect condition we just have a runway for the jump and i hit it in 5th and it just skies over it= smooth landing. yeah a little to much for my bike but i'm about to sell it so i don't wanna put n e more money into it. i didn't ride it for a year and a half after i bought it either. :ride:

• 4 weeks later...

Im 140#'s and have only broken spokes shorting a 15 foot table. The spokes will hold and so will the rims.

Get a frame cradle, stiffer springs and fork oil and it will hold for now.

Jumping my '03 xr100:

ACE4-30-06003.jpg