another "big motor" is born.

just finished up a TT members 470 this am.this a brand new zero mile 05 black sm that he purchased over ths phone here and had me do the motor.

"freewheelers" +5mm stroker crank

millenium technologies +4mm big bore (12.5 to 1 comp)

39mm fcr-mx

yosh ti pipe

hotcams stg 2 in and ex

blue = stock

red = full mod

turned out very well for a basic set up that runs on pump gas. :crazy:

leehp.jpg

leetq.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The graphs show the pulls starting at a higher RPM moded over stock.Is any very low RPM "lugging " lost by going with the larger displacement or cams?

Nice power by the way.

no,it just were i started the runs.the throttle is wide open by 4k.

its actually quite the opposite.the motor is a tractor.

Just out of curiosity how long did it take to do the work?

total labor time is about 9 hours.

that included motor R&R,motor build (cam degreeing,clearancing piston and counter balancer for stroker),fcr install and set up,good handle bar install,removing the side stand switch (all the little misc items) and dyno time.

FCR kit??

Put a few packages together and PR them as Mods by Burned available through TT in multiple configurations and displacements. :ride:

Then I'll know how much I need to save up and what different options I'd have for power verses longevity. :crazy:

When the penny's have been saved and the weather gets bad I could ship it out knowing exactly what I want and what I expect it to cost. ?

The only down side would be that poor Eddie would have way too much work to do.. :ride:

Awesome work eddie :crazy: i wanna ship my whole bike to ya and get the works. grease all bearings, 3X3 mod, Fcr, titanium Yosh, revamp suspension, turkey baster, and adjust valves on the 05' SM. how much would that run me? :ride:

The trailtech flywheel does not change either one of the graphs correct??? Its more of an effect on the seat of the pants dyno right????

How much does the ss yoshi choke down that same set up??