Sign in to follow this  

What does uncork mean?

I've seen this mentioned a few times when people talk about mods on their bikes. What does this mean, and how do I do it?

Dave

Pretty much means taking out any restrictions and adding mods to make your bike faster and give it more power. Basic idea I suppose.

Regarding my 650r, it means removing the restrictor between the carb and intake, removing the restrictive boot leading to the air filter, changing the needle and jets, and replacing the exhaust insert or the entire muffler. Didn't cost much and increased power considerably.

It means the engine from the factory "Cant breathe". Do to EPA restrictions when the bike comes from the factory it is not running the way it was designed to run. When you un cork the motor (remove all the restrictions including air box modification and re jetting, cam also if it is from CA) it runs like a different baby.

It means making your bike nice and loud so we lose more riding areas.

Goodol United States and there noise restrictions lol so far nothing like that around hear yeehaaaw

It means making your bike nice and loud so we lose more riding areas.

Not really. Since I am an industrial noise guy...I put a new pipe on my bike that was nearly as quiet as stock. It allowed me to do the modifications, and release the motor to perform like a race motor. Stock is about 84 db. With my new pipe it is 87 db. If you can tell the audible difference between 84, and 87 db you should change your name to "Lassy" Even though it is an exponential increase in power to produce the noise level. ( db scale works that way)

TJ

How many people put on a "quiet" pipe?

Not many.

But thank you for using one.

hey redrockrider what pipe did you use. if its still quiet i might like to add one to mine

It's what you do to start the celebration when you're on the podium.

I dont think there will be too many X's on the podium. Although they are loved and a great bike, not exactly the "racers choice"

What? Not on the podium? I've been on the podium 5 out of 12 races this year. In the Vet class, which is open to displacement. I laugh my arse off when I beat the big four strokes and those pesky 250 two smokes. All on a 125 class bike. But, I would like to go to a bigger bike. I miss the power of my two stroke and think the big fours are just too heavy for me.

I dont think there will be too many X's on the podium. Although they are loved and a great bike, not exactly the "racers choice"

Depends on the type of race - maybe not on the MX track, but on the Enduro trails there are many more X's out there than R's...and many more on the podium as well.

X's on the podium are a weekly thing in hare scrambles and enduros.

I htink its stupid for any complaints against how loud a bike is, considering no matter where you are, there are stupid young kids driving Rustangs with walmart exhaust tips that daddy got for em, revvin there engines around neighborhoods. i will make my bike as loud as i want.

not to mention the old guys that ride peices of harleys poorly welded together and put streetsweepers on em to break the 160 mark. :ride:

hey redrockrider what pipe did you use. if its still quiet i might like to add one to mine

I put the Leo Vince pipe on. It opened it up a little without much increase in noise. It gives it a thumper sound, at a lower sound level. (Much lower than the USFS 96db limit)

TJ