Kennedy Meadows update

I read on the district 37 web site, and called for myself to verify, that Kennedy Meadows won't be opening until late June early July due to the snow pack that has not melted off yet. That and they don't want us riding on wet trails which will tear them up pretty quickly.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I thought you might like to know. :crazy: If you want to find out for yourself call the ranger station at 760-376-3781, option 1 for the operator or option 2 for the recording.

are you talking about the Kennedy meadows on sonora pass? If so I bet you will open earlier than you think, its gettin hot fast and thats snow is gonna melt melt melt... I predict mid to early-june

are you talking about the Kennedy meadows on sonora pass? If so I bet you will open earlier than you think, its gettin hot fast and thats snow is gonna melt melt melt... I predict mid to early-june

Different Kennedy Meadows.

For those interested, and have installed Google Earth, I posted the KMZ to locate Kennedy Meadows, and have overlayed the trail and topo map. Hope it's helpful. I plan to ride at KM the first time this summer too. Here's the link.

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/409015/page//vc/1

Your in for some top notch riding.

where is this kennedy meadows at? I always thought is was by the sonora pass. any help would be great!!!!!!

Kennedy Meadows is a legal OHV area with pretty interesting trails and terrain, located on the Sherman Pass/Nine Mile Canyon Road. It can be accessed from Hwy 395 just north of Pearsonville, or from the north end of the Kern River road out of Kernville.