dual sport kit

• 4 weeks later...

I dual sported my 225 for about $150. First of all the 225 has plenty of juice off the stator so that does not need to be upgraded. Taillight $50, check Yamaha dealer (looks like TTR 250 taillight but has brake light fits perfectly in fender cut out). Head light $30-$70 search ebay (dual sport, acerbis, ufo, etc). Handle bar switch control $10 - $25 ebay (Any dual sport model controller will work). Foot Brake Switch $5 - $15 ebay (almost any older brake switch will work, or new after market brake switch). I drilled a small hole in foot brake. Attached a spring from a 1975 honda xl 125 from foot brake to brake switch. Horn $5 - $15 ebay. Home made bracket for license plate. Splice into the brown wire for your +13.8 volts. People that arn't familar with the 225 think my lighting is OEM. :applause:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Thanks for the helpful cmmentary on the 225 conversion. In CO here we must have a hi and low beam I guess. I think that must be the switch you have referred to (perhaps off/low/high/tailight)? Any idea which Yamaha tailight fit so well? the dealers are nto too helpful here in CO/Denver area.

thanks for any light you can shed on it. I jsut picked up an 04 wiht 0ne hour on the bike, and will set it up for my wife.

Regards, ed

ed8300@yahoo.com