My new ride (pics)

Couldn't hold out any longer to see what the '07 WR was going to be like. After starting the 4th season of riding on my WR I decided to pull the trigger and go for something lighter.

P5060005.jpg

P5060003.jpg

-Lowedog

Nice !, Man I wish the WR were avail in that yellow !

Re the fuel inj. I hope it is avail on the 07's, Then I'll wait for the 08. Any first year production run is bound to have bugs.

EFI will be great ! No jets , No removing the carb ! Just reprogram with a laptiop or controller like a Power Commander and your off. Custom throttle mapping.

Think about it, you'll be able to try 10 combinations a day with ease.

The best part, any modern injection has a mas air flow sensor, A device that'll measure the temperature compensated air volume flowing into the throttle body, the onboard controller then compensates air volume compensates fuel delivery to match the curve you programmed in. Temperature changes and no jet cjanges !!!

IMS 3.1 gallon tank. Have a Utah Cycles skid plate coming along with a PMB spark arrestor.

EFI was the biggest factor in keeping me holding out for the '07 WR after Yamaha released the 50th anniversary edition. But there is no gaurantee that EFI will be on the '07. We all know how slow Yamaha is to realease new technology :ride: .

I really have been thinking how nice it will be to have a much lighter bike also. I'll miss the electric start but not the extra 40 lbs :crazy: .

Best thing is there are no wires or throttle stop to cut. Needs no mods to reach it's potential. We'll see about jetting. Probably will need to gear it down and I'm sure revalving the suspension will be a must to make it more rideable in the woods.

Looks like I'll be puting the WR up for sale. Almost seems a shame to even think about it :ride: .

-Lowedog

fuel injection..... I dont know what to think of that

I know what to think....... More money, more problems and more weight. Not to mention the remapping everytime you add a performance part.... :crazy: My carb works great, no complaints. Wht change something that isnt broken..... :ride: