How do i know if im ready for a bigger bike?

Hey everyone,

Um... I am a rider who is 5'6 and 125 lbs... last year i bought my first bike which was a 2001 kx 100 (2 stroke)... And after a month i was bored of the poers so now this year i was woundering if i would be fine on a 2006 rm-z 250.... cause they are a lot taller and heaver.. like it hard enuff to pull the kx 100 out of a sand dune when it gets stuck....and also i have a friend who is around 5'7 ish...and around 135lbs he got a 2004 rm 85 last year and i think the bigest jump he hit on it was like a 10 ft gap....lol. He said he wants to get a 2006 rm-z 450 i told him he was insain and couldnt handle the bike and he thinks he can and is all that...do you think he can really handle a 450?

Anyone can ride a 450. It all depends if they can ride it fast. In my opinion I would ride an RMZ-250. The jump from a mini to 450 will just get you killed. At that height adn not being a beat like Ricky Carmichael a 450 has WAY to much power

i just stepped up to a 2005 RMZ 250[ modded for racing, like everythings aftermarket ] from a 2001 ttr125L yesterday

im not allowed to ride it for a week cuz im grounded for doing bad in math, but i feel comfortable on it like sitting on it, pushing it around, picking the back end up, starting it

but im 5'4 and 125 lbs, so almost the same size. i say go with a rmz250, youd be fine.

it will kick your ass. They have insane amount of power. People say getting on a bike putting around crackin the throttle will tell you if you can ride it. If you clear a 60ft jump pinned in 3rd and jumped into 4th and pin it before you hit the ground..... thats when you can truely be comfortable all around on a 250f.