Where to get good socks?

Going to be ordering a set of boots soon and will need a pair of good socks. I would like a pair of socks that offer a bit of padding but still breathe well and wick away the persperation. Just wondering if anyone has had good luck with some of the non-motocross sock brands. Thanks in advance.

I buy motocross socks, you might try soccer socks but i think they are pretty much the same mabe a little thinner. I use Sidi socks. The ones i have are pretty thin but i were my normal socks under them too for a little bit more comfort

They dont have green socks?? I refuse to buy socks that dont match my gear!! :crazy:

I really think that regular socks belong under your regualr shoes.. You need a good pair of riding socks!!

I really think that regular socks belong under your regualr shoes.. You need a good pair of riding socks!!

I agree with you but i guess it is kind of like an old habit to just leave my regular socks on under my riding socks. Maybe ill try just riding socks next time if i think about it. :crazy:

I go to wall-mart and get a bag of ankle highs for what you guys pay for one pair. My socks don't have little fox heads on them, it's a real bummer.

Just ankle highs dont work for me, my boots will rub me raw if my socks dont go above the boot. I dont wear thigh highs but my socks do go just over the knee. :crazy:

I don't worry about socks. I have about five drawers full of the things and none are MX related. For tight fitting MX boots I used thin athletic socks, for looser fitting boots I use thick athletic or hiking socks. I just buy socks at Costco, Sportsman's Guide or wherever. The motorcycle industry hasn't been able to improve on the typical sock, despite the logos.

LOL What do you mean by that? I dont even know what an Aardvark is, all i know is that it is the first word in the dictionary. :crazy:

If your socks ride up past you knees!! I bet if I pulled hard enough I could give ya a real good wedgie with them... :ride:

I don't worry about socks. I have about five drawers full of the things and none are MX related. For tight fitting MX boots I used thin athletic socks, for looser fitting boots I use thick athletic or hiking socks. I just buy socks at Costco, Sportsman's Guide or wherever. The motorcycle industry hasn't been able to improve on the typical sock, despite the logos.

Go try some riding socks and then tell me they dont feel better... I used to hate wearing my boots until I bought some MX riding socks!!

Cant improve on socks??? Thats like saying you cant improve underwear, rain coats, shirts, condoms.... :crazy:

... I used to hate wearing my boots until I bought some MX riding socks!!

Cant improve on socks??? Thats like saying you cant improve underwear, rain coats, shirts, condoms.... :crazy:

Yeah, I used to hate wearing my pants until I bought some new and greatly improved underwear. And the latest condoms! I used to just hate sex. And shirts!! Those sweat factories in China have taken shirts to new heights! I like how the buttons are easily removed in the wash and how one size can fit all, if you just stop washing and drying it once it shrinks to your size. :ride:

I think you mostly want a knee-high sock with synthetic/polyester type material. It will wick moisture away and keep you drier than cotton. To each his own, but the right tools can make you much more comfortable.

If you ski/snowboard it's the same type of sock you would wear for that as well.

I think you mostly want a knee-high sock with synthetic/polyester type material. It will wick moisture away and keep you drier than cotton. To each his own, but the right tools can make you much more comfortable.

If you ski/snowboard it's the same type of sock you would wear for that as well.

:crazy: