how do u shift in a wheelie

It's because your not high enough, the only thing keeping you up is the motor, once you cut that, down you go. If you are up near the balance point, you could do it because you don't need very much throttle then. If you were riding on balance point you would not need to shift at all. It is not your shifting technique it is your wheelie height you need to work on. You need to work on trying to ride it longer in second by getting it up higher first then worry about shifting and depending how you shift in a wheelie you could bend a shift fork(power shifting).

I suck at doing wheelies too i might be able to go 3 yards or something at the most my friend on the other had can wheelie big parking lots it's pretty wicked, but yeah i'll keep on practicing, wonder how good i'll be at the end of summer :ride:

when u have ur wheel up off the ground about a 70' angle or something like that shift up. but if u go down right away u have to bring ur wheel up higher the next time, but dont wipe out like wut i did...lol. have fun! :busted:

last time i did that i flipped and broke my shoulder...could this be because i didnt let off the gas enough?

:ride::banana:

Letting off doesn't help much because a lot of the times your too late.You have to keep your foot over the brake.

Yesturday, I almost looped my bike in sixth gear, I was lucky that letting off worked, but don't relie on that, the brake is the key.Looping in sixth gear could of been bad, flipping it going 70+ Km would of done a lot of damage to my bike and to myself.

a 230 can hold 3rd and even 4th in a wheelie...

Mine will hold a wheelie in 5'th and 6'th, but that is getting stupid.....

The 230 has the power to wheelie, but do you have the skill to make it??? The 230 is a great wheelie bike, just gotta get the hang of it.It all takes practice. :ride:

Well, I'm 16, but it don't matter how young or old you are.Last year I dumped $600 of repairs because I let a stupid wheelie get on me.The pavement hurts, I couldn't walk for about half a week.Going 70 on a wheelie, damn I feel good...lol Thats not even from shifting, thats just pulling up and gasing it.Our hills can make wonders.