Sign in to follow this  

Need new place to ride with family?

I am looking for a place to go ride somewhere in the midwest, but I have a wife, newborn, and a 3 yr old. My wife will have to find something to do with the kids (we will be taking one of her friends also) I would love to ride some rocks that is pretty challenging, but I am not wanting to go to Chadwick and White rock has nothing to do for her (unless I am missing something). She says if I can find a place we can go as long as she is not sitting in the 5th wheel all weekend. Thanks for input.. I WANT TO RIDE........ :crazy:

Not sure how far you want to drive, but there's a few decent state parks in Missouri that would be good. St. Joe State Park in Park Hills, MO has a few lakes for swimming/fishing and a playground by the showers. Also a ton of nice rocky trails. Finger Lakes State Park in Columbia, MO also has some lakes for swimming and the MX track has bleachers and a tower to watch from.

Check out my website at www.kcrider.com

We list fantastic riding places in both MO and KS.

For kids, Perry Lake has a small mx track/trail area just for kids on bikes 50 cc and under, plus the trails are awesome for the beginner.

Also there is a small but fantastic riding area in the town of Oakland, KS at the sewage treatment plant on the North side of town along the river. The trails are awesome.

My favorite riding area is School Creek at Milford Lake in Junction City, KS. Its roughly 1400 acres are awesome trails.

I like Finger Lakes in Columbia, MO, but its considered one of the most dangerous riding areas in Missouri for beginners. If your not famaliar with the trails, they can lead you off a 20' cliff directly into the lake.

If your looking for a riding buddy, just give me a holler or if your ever riding close to the KC area.

Rick

Hey MF. When are you going riding and why wasn't I notified? Marcie and I are going to Chadwick the week after psycho memorial weekend. We need to get back to Milford lake this summer and try to make it up the hill that you didn't( the bike did).HA HA.

Hey MF. When are you going riding and why wasn't I notified? Marcie and I are going to Chadwick the week after psycho memorial weekend. We need to get back to Milford lake this summer and try to make it up the hill that you didn't( the bike did).HA HA.

Once I find a place I will be sure to let you know, I don't know the date yet that I can even go. Trust me, when it is set in stone when I can go you will be notified.

P.S. Your to Chicken Shit to try that hill. :ride:

Once I find a place I will be sure to let you know, I don't know the date yet that I can even go. Trust me, when it is set in stone when I can go you will be notified.

P.S. Your to Chicken Shit to try that hill. :busted:

Here is a nice idea I just thought of....there is a big new indoor water park/Hotel in Utica Illinois near Starved Rock State Park.....It is called Grand Bear Water Park I believe. Plus, you are right there by Starved Rock State Park which is very cool. You can google both and get plenty of info.

The good part is that Buffalo Range and Fox Valley off road are both within maybe 20-30 minutes of there. It would satify all of your requirements nicely, hehe :banana:

:ride:

Good call CRFan1 :ride:

Buffalo is about 3 miles from there and Fox Valley Offroad is about 15 miles, if that.

And if you do go there, I can let you in on the riding area by my house along the Vermillion River. :banana:

However, if you come and drive 10mph through Starved Rock and look at all the pretty trees and deer and stuff I reserve the right to flip you off while I pass you going 80, ya damn tourist! :busted:

Good call CRFan1 :ride:

Buffalo is about 3 miles from there and Fox Valley Offroad is about 15 miles, if that.

And if you do go there, I can let you in on the riding area by my house along the Vermillion River. :banana:

However, if you come and drive 10mph through Starved Rock and look at all the pretty trees and deer and stuff I reserve the right to flip you off while I pass you going 80, ya damn tourist! :lol:

LOL!!!! hey, we never get the invite to the private riding grounds.....what's up with that?????? :smirk:

:busted:

Find the Vermillion River in Oglesby, and you've found the riding area :banana:

My parent's house is about a mile from Grand Bear Lodge. You just get on 71, take a left on Ed Hand Highway and you'll go down a huge hill and go over the river and you can see the trails from the bridge :ride:

Find the Vermillion River in Oglesby, and you've found the riding area :banana:

My parent's house is about a mile from Grand Bear Lodge. You just get on 71, take a left on Ed Hand Highway and you'll go down a huge hill and go over the river and you can see the trails from the bridge :ride:

Now you tell us!!! :busted:

:smirk:

Slider -- There's a nice rocky riding area called "Camp Gruber ORV" down in Braggs Oklahoma. about 5 minutes down the road from the ORV area is Maple Leaf Lake... very nice places.

Braggs is about 20 minutes east of Muskogee, OK. I don't know where your coming from, but from K.C. I can make it there in about 4-5 hours depending on traffic etc..

The riding area is only about 1 square mile, but there's 18 continuous miles of trail if you know the loop. It's really hard to get lost in there because the entire is quartered up by a powerline and small road. There is a neat cliff in the back(west border) of the area overlooking the verdigris river and a train track that gets regular use. Its very uuummm "romantic" at sunset and you can get to it with a truck pretty easily.

The lake has a really nice shower house, play ground, camping areas, and I think they even have a petting zoo of some kind. there's a nice hiking trail as well (but i doubt she wants to lug 2 small kids down it) The lake is always hopping with people during the summer as it serves as the local pool for Braggs. Muskogee is only 20 or so minutes away as well. So they could drop you off at the riding area on their way out and come pick you up after visiting town for the day.