Cam Replacement, Good Buy?

Hey guys,

I have a 2001 YZ 250F that is hard to start :crazy: . A lot of people are saying to replace the cam with a newer one from 2003 and up. I am thinking about doing this, but need a little help. I have included a link to an ebay listing that I think will do the job. What do you guys think? I asked the seller what year they are from and he indicated that it came out of a 2004.

This is the link: YZ 250F Hot Cams

Thanks!

You might want to find out if those are the phase 1 or phase 2 cams. Keep in mind that your power band will be affected and you will loose some top end if they are the phase 1. Check www.hotcams.inc for dyno charts. Ask for the part numbers from the seller and if the intake has been degreed to move the powerband. I wouldn't buy them if the seller doesn't know what they are. You can also purchase just the exhaust cam with the decompression feature new from hotcams.

Why pull out the decomp lever and pay $20-$30 for a plug when you can leave it in and make un-flooding (scientific i know!) and therefore restarting your engine a snap when you have a stack and dont pick up your bike immediately, or is it the weight saving :crazy: