Best / Favorite 450 Exhaust?

So let's dive into this mentallity then, mmmkay. Why would someone want "more horsepower", as described in the original question. Mind you, it wasn't, how to I get more low end power, or better throttle response throught the midrange, it was specifically "horse power".

I guess my statement is what I feel would overall help individuals out there with this "BLING BLING" attitude, when it's totally unwarranted in most cases. Folks are buying up $500+ pipe systems for more noise, and more HP, they'll never REALLY tap into. How many people on this board of 100,000 even come close to using all their bike can give them?

As I watch the yearly decline in riding areas for various reasons, when something as note worthy as "sound" has become such a major issue, I start to question those who will continually spend money on items they don't need, that in the long run are damaging to our sport. (Not saying this is the case with this thread, just in general).

So, I offer a blanket suggestion in the event that maybe it's offering an alternitive to a har"d"ley sounding pipe. I know that for anyone who has never had their suspension done, they would be more WOW'd by the bang for the buck they put into having that done, than a measely 2 HP they'll really never use, though they may say "they can totally FEEL it man....." :banana:

1. Keep on believing that when our bikes are 2 db, the environazis are going to welcome us to the fold with open arms. If it's not sound, it will be (and will always be) something else. ?

2. If someone wants to drop 500+ on an exhaust system they may not benefit from, why do you care? Most riders can't tap the full potential of a stock 450, so maybe they should just not by the bike to begin with. Modding a bike is like the hot rod scene. It's just something guys like to do. You're fighting against something that has always been.

3. I have had modded suspension and it's utterly awesome and money will spent. But my CHM system w/ long header did improve the bike for my riding style, so money well spent as well.

4. You didn't pay attention to my ? next to my post. If you had, you'd see my post was in jest. :busted:

5. Have a great weekend! :ride:

1. Keep on believing that when our bikes are 2 db, the environazis are going to welcome us to the fold with open arms. If it's not sound, it will be (and will always be) something else. ?

2. If someone wants to drop 500+ on an exhaust system they may not benefit from, why do you care? Most riders can't tap the full potential of a stock 450, so maybe they should just not by the bike to begin with. Modding a bike is like the hot rod scene. It's just something guys like to do. You're fighting against something that has always been.

3. I have had modded suspension and it's utterly awesome and money will spent. But my CHM system w/ long header did improve the bike for my riding style, so money well spent as well.

4. You didn't pay attention to my ? next to my post. If you had, you'd see my post was in jest. :banana:

5. Have a great weekend! :ride:

Yup, sure did see your ? , and knew where you were coming from. I'm a long ways from naive, just attempting to dive into what I consider "interesteing" mentallity of most of the folks who buy after market pipes. IMO, they really believe the the noise and the 2 HP actually makes them faster. Bolt on speed man.......!

One your first point, I'm am well aware that noise is not the only issue of our so called "enemies". They don't give a damn if the bikes are electric and perfectly quiet, it's land use, struggels between different kinds of users, and the perceived damage cause by "our" use, plain and simple.

On your second point, the first two sentences I find the thinking absolutely rediculous, and utterly irresponsible as an owner of a motorcycle forum, and a very large and well know one at that. Sorry man. I idea and thinking of folks who go and make a bike purpousely louder, when their not RC or Bubba type riders, just because they can, I find absolutely detrimental and selfish to our sport. If a mod'd bike is use closed course, and the course and surroundings are cool with it, great, but don't bring that garbage to my forest and help get my area trails closed down. I'm not fighting against anything except selfish actions by folks who could give a rat's ass if thier, or my, riding areas are there 10 year from now, or not.

G-day, and good weekend too Mr Bosch. Hope you get to go riding, I'm only 3 weeks out from my ACL reconstuction. Will be months till I can ride hard again........... :busted:

Yup, sure did see your :busted: , and knew where you were coming from. I'm a long ways from naive, just attempting to dive into what I consider "interesteing" mentallity of most of the folks who buy after market pipes. IMO, they really believe the the noise and the 2 HP actually makes them faster. Bolt on speed man.......!

One your first point, I'm am well aware that noise is not the only issue of our so called "enemies". They don't give a damn if the bikes are electric and perfectly quiet, it's land use, struggels between different kinds of users, and the perceived damage cause by "our" use, plain and simple.

On your second point, the first two sentences I find the thinking absolutely rediculous, and utterly irresponsible as an owner of a motorcycle forum, and a very large and well know one at that. Sorry man. I idea and thinking of folks who go and make a bike purpousely louder, when their not RC or Bubba type riders, just because they can, I find absolutely detrimental and selfish to our sport. If a mod'd bike is use closed course, and the course and surroundings are cool with it, great, but don't bring that garbage to my forest and help get my area trails closed down. I'm not fighting against anything except selfish actions by folks who could give a rat's ass if thier, or my, riding areas are there 10 year from now, or not.

G-day, and good weekend too Mr Bosch. Hope you get to go riding, I'm only 3 weeks out from my ACL reconstuction. Will be months till I can ride hard again........... :banana:

Who said that all 500 exhaust systems are loud? Ever hear of a FMF Q with power bomb? And, my CHM Ovate is a good sized can with lots of packing and shipped w/ a quite core, which I run. Are you more worried about what you thought I said or what I do? The latter is far more important. I never advocated loud exhausts just b/c they are loud. My point is, people spend money on them b/c modding bikes is fun. I also had a nice CRD system on WR that was a very quiet pipe, but really woke-up the bottom-end. My point is, there are lots of good, reasonably quiet systems that can improve a bike, depending upon the rider's goal. I never said that I advocated buying loud pipes. You deducted that from my points.

But, still stand by my point that if it's not sound it will be errosion. If it's not errosion, it will be dust. If it's not dust it will be pollution. If not pollution it will be injuries. I'm sure I could go on. For example, some evironazis planted a rare mink fur in the bark of a tree in the Gifford-Pincho forest (Washington State) in and effort to get a riding area shut down. This is the type of mentality we are fighting. So, if I sound a bit jaded on the sound = more ground approach, it's because I think it will not make a hill of beans different in the end.

If riding dies, you lose your recreation. If riding dies, I loose my recreation and business. The real battle is in the courts, not based purely on fact, but emotion, manipulation and special interests. Unfortunately, the vast majority of John Q Public could care less if we lose our ability to recreate on public lands. Not because they hate us, but because it doesn't affect them. So, when all they here is the trumped up bad news, we lose.

No riding for me. I'm in rehab for disc herniation. Not riding until this fall. :ride:

The Q. was: What's your fav exhaust for 450's? I am interested in knowing what everyone thinks of theirs. I merely threw in the other part incase someone has a DMC.

why do you assume that I am looking for faster time? i dont ride tracks atm, but would like to get into it. I freeride in the desert, and fool around mostly. I have an 06 YZ450, and I'm pretty sure it's close enough to "top" suspension that I dont need work done.

I like to support the USA economy, so to do my part, I choose to buy some aftermarket parts for my bike. Putting on an exhaust has always been right up there, and always will be. I could never use all the HP of a 450 on a track, but I don't ride tracks. But you better beleive that I can use all the 450's HP, and more, in the desert riding that I do. I don't ride anywhere, at this time, where load pipes would be an issue.

More performance, for me, is about getting up to speed faster, or having more power in a certain range than there was previously.

Furthermore, here is what I have bought for my bike so far: Taller T2 bars, Spyder grips, Lightspeed 57mm footpegs, DID ERT2 gold chain. Not much bling in there eh? All parts for functionallity, and to make it more comfortable for my riding style.

Hope that covers everything :ride:

I have a FMF Factory 4.1 on my 06 YZ450F and love it - see my garage for pics.

Man, if you want a pipe, get a pipe. I dont like the way the stock pipe looks or sounds, either!

Oh yeah, for those of you...you know who you are... i already have the suspension, braking, etc etc done, yes I've taken classes too! Oh yeah, I've won races on the bike, so save your spew for someone else :ride:

I have a FMF Factory 4.1 on my 06 YZ450F and love it - see my garage for pics.

Man, if you want a pipe, get a pipe. I dont like the way the stock pipe looks or sounds, either!

Oh yeah, for those of you...you know who you are... i already have the suspension, braking, etc etc done, yes I've taken classes too! Oh yeah, I've won races on the bike, so save your spew for someone else :ride:

Waht brand of graphics do ya have?

• 3 weeks later...

I like my stock pipe. My 04 yz450 just rips compared to my 2000 CR250, 1996 CR250, and 1986 CR250 2-strokes. Don't think I need a pipe. I think Yammy does the home work on this stuff. Spend the money on a nice weekend getaway with the woman instead.

Uncle Tail