Is it worth swopping tyre around?

arggg. please stop calling them "tyres". its spelled "TIRES" :ride:

not trying to be a spelling nazi but jeez, thats elementary stuff

Actually, if you speak "old world" English such as our friend from South Africa, it is tyre. Tire is the Americanized way of spelling that word.

Anyways, sometimes I'll flip em and sometimes I won't, it really depends on how bad I let them wear down and whether I have a race coming up or just a trail ride. The loss in braking traction is too much for race situations. I want a fresh tire then.

arggg. please stop calling them "tyres". its spelled "TIRES" :banana:

The language is English & tyres are spelt tyres, check out the Oxford English dictionary, tires is when you are unfit, then he tires. :busted: ....but &%$#@! as long as we know what everyone is talking about. :ride:

The language is English & tyres are spelt tyres, check out the Oxford English dictionary, tires is when you are unfit, then he tires. :busted: ....but &%$#@! as long as we know what everyone is talking about. :ride:

i stand corrected. ? i should have opened up my handy Oxford English Dictionary before opening my mouth :banana:

The language is English & tyres are spelt tyres, check out the Oxford English dictionary, tires is when you are unfit, then he tires. ? ....but &%$#@! as long as we know what everyone is talking about. :ride:

First of all they buggar the language up then they try telling people who can actually speak English that it is wrong?

BTW it is Tyres and guess what color is wrong too it is actually colour :banana: and no such thing as labor it is labour :busted:

Be carefull if you do switch the direction of a tyre as some are not meant to be switched. as well as the tread pattern being wrong the way tyres are constructed means the tyre could fall apart, uncommon granted but something to be aware of.

Anyway, if braking would suffer that much why aren't the leading edges worn from braking?

Braking does not wear down a tire nearly as much as acclerating because you're on the gas way more than you're on the brakes. That's why you get the uneven wear. Braking does work best when you have a nice, square knob and not a rounded knob, just like the bike gets better traction when the drive side of the knob is new and square instead of rounded off from wear.

arggg. please stop calling them "tyres". its spelled "TIRES" :ride:

In England and Australia and many other english (from England) founded countries Tyre is the correct spelling.

I always flip my rear tire/tyre. good way to get an extra moto or two out of it, then it gets put on the practice rim until its bald. tires are to expensive to just throw away. even with my dunlop sponsorship they are still pretty expensive if i change them EVERY race.