04 kx250f??

well here is the deal. my dad found a 2004 kx250f been raced 5 times untill the guy got his new bike then he said he used it for warm ups..comes with all the mods on the bike extra set of rims (black) and very few scratches and just rebuilt...its $3k i find that to be a heck of a good deal...never had a kawi but i hope if i get this bike it wont be the last kawi i get...if anyone has any input on the ups and down of the 04 id be more that happy to listen to what you say...ill be sure to let ya know when i get it...if i get it..thanks

the problem with the 04 kxfs and rmzs is that the oil filter and water pump share the same cover and because of this, they overheat because the impeller on the waterpump is too small. plus everytime you have to change your oil filter you have to flush your radiator. but this can be fixed by buying a boyesen cover that is 2 peices and it has a bigger impeller on the water pump. its about $180 or so

boyesen water pump cover and impeller. since i put one on mine my bike stays about 180ish on the temp gauge. it works great and definately worth the money. in the mud and blazing heat and the woods, never overheats.

be careful kick starting it. you have to put it in neutral to get it to start, these things don't start very well in gear. when you kick it, make sure you push down with your leg first to take the slack up in the kickstart gears before you give it a good hard kick. that will save the life of the kick starter.

also, always check valve clearances.

i like to check mine about every 10 hours. On my racers' bikes i do them every time they come home from the track because they are really hard on the bikes and i want to make sure they stay running good.

If you do an average week of riding i would say probably every week. That's about 10 hours of riding for me so. If you don't ride too often you could probably stretch it out to 2 weeks.

well thanks for all the help and input but i think im gona be on the mother *** :eek: in ttr forever the way my life is goin now :banana::ride::usa: i ask my parents today if i could get it and if they could pay for it and me make payments to them...they said no..i was like WHAT THE MOTHER *** :eek: IN HECK...Im so mad it feels like im gona explode...well guess ill never be racin or anything in my freakin life...my life blows so bad :busted:??????:bonk: i cant even freakin bleive it

well thanks for all the help and input but i think im gona be on the mother *** :eek: in ttr forever the way my life is goin now :banana::ride:? i ask my parents today if i could get it and if they could pay for it and me make payments to them...they said no..i was like WHAT THE MOTHER *** :usa: IN HECK...Im so mad it feels like im gona explode...well guess ill never be racin or anything in my freakin life...my life blows so bad :busted:?????:bonk::bonk: i cant even freakin bleive it

Man, your life just blows... :eek:

well thanks for all the help and input but i think im gona be on the mother *** :eek: in ttr forever the way my life is goin now :banana::ride::usa: i ask my parents today if i could get it and if they could pay for it and me make payments to them...they said no..i was like WHAT THE MOTHER *** :eek: IN HECK...Im so mad it feels like im gona explode...well guess ill never be racin or anything in my freakin life...my life blows so bad :busted:??????:bonk: i cant even freakin bleive it

how old are you? do you have a job? a loan on something like that with a 10% intrest rate would only be about 100$ a month. If you live with your parents that isn't crap to pay out for a month. 1 weekend a month at burger king would pay for that.

be happy for what you have, if you think it sucks now dude you aren't going to make it in the real world.

That 04 will need a bunch of money to keep it running.. not just to buy it. My parents didn't buy me anything like that.. my first car was a 250$ caprice that I bought. Your life is a lot better than mine was if they even considered it! Step up and get a job and put some money down. They aint going to spoon feed you forever.