YZ85 Fork Conversion Complete!!---PICS!!

Just finished the yz85 fork conversion last night on my 2003 ttr125L, I used 2003 YZ85 forks and all it needed was 3/16" spacer or two standard washers with a 1" hole on the top of the stem!

Need 2-3 washers to shim the brake caliper.

For the brake line I drilled two holes in the fork guard and zip tied it to the edge of the fork guard. Brake line does not run up inside of yz85 fork guard. (wont fit)

Other than that The forks basicly bolt right up and make a HUGE DIFFERNCE in LOOKS and HANDLING.

Pics arent great because the bike isnt very clean (this is because I bent the fork tubes and took off the forks before i had time to clean it)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c78/yz440e/IMG_2424.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c78/yz440e/IMG_2420.jpg

Sweet-I want to know about what axle and wheel you used and did you use the 85 or 125 calipers and parts. Am buying one used for the wife, and want to build it a little as her skills grow. Can you give us a complete breakdown of what parts you used and what ones you didn't??? Any advice would be much appreciated. :ride:

Sweet-I want to know about what axle and wheel you used and did you use the 85 or 125 calipers and parts. Am buying one used for the wife, and want to build it a little as her skills grow. Can you give us a complete breakdown of what parts you used and what ones you didn't??? Any advice would be much appreciated. :ride:

I know you were asking YZ440E the question, but I am going to butt in because I have already done the conversion as well...You must use the YZ80 axle, keep your stock TTR wheel, and keep the TTR caliper. Just add those spacers like YZ440E said.. Very simple bolt on modification. No headache's involved :banana:

Only the YZ85 Axel will fit, I thought the ttr axel would fit but I got everything togather and found out it is about 1-2 inches short. Luckily I have a YZ85 so we just temporarily used that axel. I used the TTR front wheel and brake caliper and brake line w/ 2-3 shims on each bolt for the calpier (still plenty long). Like I said before, the forks basicly bolt up.

How much do you weigh???? How they too soft????

I am only 120lbs and have a BBR spring in the rear i kept the forks at about stock height (of a yz85). They do feel a bit soft though, but I have some 115 lb springs from my yz85 so I may try those, but I wont be doing any hard core jumps on it so they are ok for now...

What do you do if you don't have an L model? Do you buy a rear swingarm and wheel from an L and a front tire from an L or YZ85?

You should just be able to buy a yz85 wheel, forks, triple tree, front brake and it will be a small wheel but with a yz85 front end. If you want to convert to an L it is much cheaper to sell it and buy an L model.

nice looks sweet...how ya like your r-4 pipe??

The r-4 works great and produces more power than stock. It even fits with the bbr cradle too, unsure why the sticky says it wont. Has an awesome sound too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

How much taller does the 125L end up being after the new forks are installed? Does anyone know if the BBR swingarm raises the bike aswell, and if so how much. Wondering if my short wife could handle these mods.

• 1 month later...