shifting in the air

Then, you will be looking at the transmission wondering why everything is scared. use the cluch-your bike needs it. (Otherwise why is it on there?) :ride:

sounds like someone got a motorcycle and a car tranny mixed up. :banana:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man why do they put the clutch on a damn bike?!?!?! for looks?!?!?! NO TO SHIFT

:ride:

No, they put them there to ASSIST in the shifting process but this is a fringe benefit ON TOP OF THE MORE IMPORTANT REASON, to be able to disengage the tranny regardless of what gear the tranny is in!!!!!! Like, when coming to stops so that you don't kill the engine and your in first!!! Its also used for modulating the amount of power so that you can keep the RPMs in a respecable range while going slower.

Why do you think they make the trannys constant mesh? So that they bike can be shifted without the use of a clutch!!!! DUH?

And yeah, I ride Grean in the dirt and ride Yellow (actually a black and Silver 05 GSX-R1000) when on a Road Race course so I do know a little about &%$#@! I'm talking about. :banana:

ok etinne yea they have to use a damn clutch cuz they GET THERE BIKE REBUILD EVERY RACE

Ok CRF RIDER. here is another point for you. I ask one of my friend today who has been raceing MX and SX all his life. He told me that he hardly touches the cluthes on his 450. He does not have his bike rebuild after every race and said that he has never incountered any problems before from doing that.

Gues everyone has there own ways.

Ok???? it doesnt take up any more Time to shift with a clutch! i thnk its harder to shift with a out clutch so id rather take less then half a second and pull in the clutch! yea maybe the gears or made outta mesh! but why do i have bikes coming in and outta my shop that have trany problems cuz they dont use a clutch!!

yea maybe the gears or made outta mesh! but why do i have bikes coming in and outta my shop that have trany problems cuz they dont use a clutch!!

What shop is this? Considering you are 14 years old, I highly doubt that you have an abundance of bike knowledge or a shop that is yours. Maybe you clean air filters and sweep the floor of your uncle's shop, but that doesn't qualify you to get on the internet and call people names and tell them they don't know what they are doing or talking about.

What shop is this? Considering you are 14 years old, I highly doubt that you have an abundance of bike knowledge or a shop that is yours. Maybe you clean air filters and sweep the floor of your uncle's shop, but that doesn't qualify you to get on the internet and call people names and tell them they don't know what they are doing or talking about.

Ok, this explains a lot. He's punk a$$ troll looking to start crap.

OK REDBEARD!!! FUNNY!!! yea im only 14 and i know a shit a lott more about any dirtbike then ur slow ass!!!

:banana:

That's laughable!

Ohhhh man! You really got my number with that one! Whewww, I got soooooooo owned! I better turn tail and find another forum to post in. :ride:

Ok???? it doesnt take up any more Time to shift with a clutch! i thnk its harder to shift with a out clutch so id rather take less then half a second and pull in the clutch! yea maybe the gears or made outta mesh! but why do i have bikes coming in and outta my shop that have trany problems cuz they dont use a clutch!!

Ok, now that I know your true colors, its goes a long way to explain your ignorance. This comment alone tells your true level of knowledge:

yea maybe the gears or made outta mesh!

The gears are not "made out of mesh", "Constant mesh" implies that for each gear on one shaft within the tranny, there is a matching "free-spinning" gear on the oposite shaft. These gears are "meshed" at all times with each other. For those that don't understand the term "meshed" in this context, it means synchronized.

In a true race environment, every 1/10 of a second can count. For those that are truly looking to win, this is just one more technique they can use.

As for your bikes coming in and out of the shop that you work at with problems, like I said before, if you know how to shift CORRECTLY, there will be no issues, if you don't you WILL have problems.

No one is telling YOU you have to shift without a clutch. Its obviously over your head and abilities to grasp. Plus, you have no desire to learn anything from anyone. This response was meant for all the rest that may care to understand.

I'm sorry, I can't understand what you are trying to say. Were you trying to say that you are a highly skilled rider and we are slow and often get lapped when we race? :ride:

Can you say "Ignore list"? :banana: