Sign in to follow this  

shifting in the air

my ablities?????

Yes, you know, your abilities to learn. I forgot that you are 14 though. All knowing, all seeing... been around the world, fought a few wars. You are tough as nails. Man, geesh, we could all learn so much from you. Please, do share your knowledge!!!! Can you please tell us about this new "mesh" material they are making transmissions out of?

Wow this is great. One guy asks if he can shift in the air and you all get fired up about the clutch. There is allo of ill informed riders on here, and one thing thats amazing is that everyone eighther is was or has family that is a mechanic. Lets get back to the origonal question. Yes you can shift in the air. You can do it with the clutch or with out the clutch.with the clutch might be (the perfered way) but I dont use it in the air or when down shifting as there is realativley litle load on the trans in these situations. Now fire away at this all you allways no matter what even when the bike isnt running and you are just trying to find nuetral clutch guys.

Maybe we could all just get Rekluse clutches. Then we wouldn't get into such nasty arguments about the inner workings of a dirt cycle transmission or when and how to use the clutch lever. It's an option. :ride:

I never use the clutch during hardly any shifting, and have never had a transmission problem, feel free to grab a gear in the air without the clutch. however beware, I could be a lapped rider lurking in the forums who doesnt race and therefore is clueless.

Hey guys.

Lets leave this subject as is because this little 14 year old sh*t thinks he's smart. every body made there point so it's up to every rider to use the cluth or not. I went riding today after work and i was changeing gears in the air with OUT the cluth and it all was good, than i also did it using the cluth. No diffrence. SO AT THE END OF THE DAY EVERY RIDERS HAS HIS OWN STYLE.

RED BEARD thanks for checking what the little guy's age was.

GOOD BYE

CASE CLOSED

Ok???? it doesnt take up any more Time to shift with a clutch! i thnk its harder to shift with a out clutch so id rather take less then half a second and pull in the clutch! yea maybe the gears or made outta mesh! but why do i have bikes coming in and outta my shop that have trany problems cuz they dont use a clutch!!

If you can't spell or use caps correctly I sure as hell wouldn't want someone like you working on my bike. Maybe that's the reason they keep coming back. Or maybe it's because they are all Honda's?

Ok CRF-Rider I think its time that you calm down a little bit. Yes its possible to shift without a clutch, but like one of you said, it's all about the rider. Some choose to use a clutch....some choose not to.

P.S.

I'm only 14 :ride:

Ok CRF-Rider I think its time that you calm down a little bit. Yes its possible to shift without a clutch, but like one of you said, it's all about the rider. Some choose to use a clutch....some choose not to.

P.S.

I'm only 14 :banana:

See, not all 14 year old kids are know-it-all little jerks! :ride:

:banana: crf rida :busted: you don't know shit you can shift either way and nothing will happen unless your and retard like yourself :ride: yeah im only 16 but do'nt argue with people who have do it longer and have more expirence

RESPECT YOU ELDERS :smirk:

WUTVR U SLO AZZEZ HE HAZ A GREEN POWURBAND AND BLUE MUFFLER BERRINGS SO HE KAN LAP UR SLO AZZ NOOBZ LOLOLOLOLOLLZLzolzozlo2wl2o2o1o12321232132130s9-8 880i

so ur saying that i just stay in first gear and i never ever shift?!?!?!?!??!

so ur saying that i just stay in first gear and i never ever shift?!?!?!?!??!

Like has been stated before, the clutch is perfect for people like you so, please, feel free to use it. Now, run along and go troll somewhere else.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=sequential-gearbox.htm&url=http://www.vf750fd.com/blurbs/shifting.html

So you were right, CRF-rider, you do need the clutch to shift. The rest of us who actually know how to ride can go clutchless. It's okay, maybe someday you can shift like a big boy!

I guess that puts this one to rest. Nice job Cloney! :ride:

Screech! Chirp! Skid! Hop, hop, hop!!! Ooooppss?

"Yeah, you can shift it without the clutch, but you?d better be good and know what you?re doing."

-Don Kuhlman