My 06' siezed!!! NOT KOOL!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got two KXFs and had no problems. Got a year of hard riding on them. Change oil, clean air filter and clean oil filter (reusable filter) every ride. Preventive maintenace is the key in my opinion.

well im selling the kxf and getting a yamy or ktm, i walked into the back of my dealer and in front of me were 3 other 06' blown up kxfs, then the mechanic had a go at me for not rebuilding it @ 15 hr.. Im like "f%$K that!"... ( mines done 33.2 hr)

so, i need new head, valves, radiator, bars and clamps, piston, cam chain, cams, and shrouds... i can safly say thats the last straw...

You'd have to be almost blind to put the filter in wrong, it has "This Side To Motor" stamped on it.

I think four strokes are great BUT if you ride em hard, you better plan on spending a lot on repairs or get a new bike every year.

well im selling the kxf and getting a yamy or ktm, i walked into the back of my dealer and in front of me were 3 other 06' blown up kxfs, then the mechanic had a go at me for not rebuilding it @ 15 hr.. Im like "f%$K that!"... ( mines done 33.2 hr)

so, i need new head, valves, radiator, bars and clamps, piston, cam chain, cams, and shrouds... i can safly say thats the last straw...

ive about had it with my kawi too. the sad part is the only reason i bought one is b/c i work for a dealer. ive never rode anything except for yamahas till this model year. even worse im gonna have to break it to my boss and say that the bikes arent good enough, and show up to the races with a yamaha 250f

Aww not good, no happy!!!

My mate rides for kawasaki down here and his practice bike siezed yesterday aswell...

But hes #1 too so there isnt much mercy on the bike so im not gana include it in the list of broken 06's.

Hes taking his to sydney to swap if for another one... lucky f%#k...

Nar man don't stress its all about the variables..

Everything happens for a reason, keep up the maintenance, keep down the revving and it will be fine!

Dont worry about it blowing every time ur boot touches the kick starter, just be happy it is lol..

:ride::banana:

im thinking about getting a crf250 or a yzf250 now, ive been hearing about so many blown up kx250fs...

Any 250f will blow up on you depending on how you ride it and how maintienece intensive you are. Take care of the bike and it will take care of you.

im thinking about getting a crf250 or a yzf250 now, ive been hearing about so many blown up kx250fs...

i have seen almost every type and brand of bike blow up or have some sort of crazy ass problem so that doesn't matter. there are always lemons, manufacturers aren't perfect and there are always people that find weird ways to stress stuff.

I'm on my 2nd 4 stroke now.. Had a 05 Honda crf250 and had to shim the valves no big deal. I think people are blowing it out of proportion. Only 10 hours on the KXF and I'm out with a broken foot so time to check the valves. we'll see.

Good luck with your bike! What did you do in your crash that cost 1200 bucks?!!?

Good luck with your bike! What did you do in your crash that cost 1200 bucks?!!?

Landed on some other bloke on a 06' KXF250 through the doubles, went over the bars sliding over another double and the bike came down on its side on a upramp of the 3rd one @ bout 40km crushing everthing on the right hand side that touched the ground, bars, clamps, header pipe, muffler, radiator, shroud, pretty much everything..

Not good... :ride:

why would you sell your bike after this lately at my local track all the 05 and 06 yzf250 are blowing up and not only with the pros theres beg. and juniors with these problems its just the fact its a four stroke if you don't do enough maintenance you will have problems if you rev the shit out of them you will have problems lets face it its just all 250f. i change my air filter every ride even if its fairly clean i change the oil and oil filter every 3-4 ride and not a problem yet. but i also baby my bike and try to be as nice to it as possible lol. i hear about all these bikes blowing up and there all Honda Yamaha's Suzuki's ktm. and the only kawi Ive heard about being blown up is the local pros that are on the rev limiter constantly and one other one that had dirt go into the motor.. stick with the kawi and be nice to it...... ( we have a Tuesday night race series here and a my buddies ktm seized up and 2 weeks ago my other buddies Suzuki seized one because of low matinees on the bike and other because of a cracked case and it lost all the oil )

i love Kawasaki lol :ride: