Clarke Tank, Wolfman Tank Bag

Before I bought my Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag, I tried searching but couldn't find a definitive answer to the question,'would the bag work fine with my Clarke 3.9 gallon tank?'

Well in case anyone else wants to know, the two work fine together. The Wolfman is a nice bag, although it's not very large. I usually carry a couple bottles of water, a travel sized plexus and a rag (it's dusty around here), a couple extra tools, some snacks, my wallet and phone, paperwork, camera, and there is room for more.

I like the Wolfman stuff, although it's a little pricey, and I'm thinking about buying one of their rear bags and probably a duffel too. Does anybody have those? Do you like them?

Anyway, here's a photo of the two:

CIMG1051.jpg

Most of the stuff I do is part road, part dirt. Last weekend we did what we call the 'four peaks loop', which is to ride from Phoenix to Four Peaks Road (right turn off HWY 87 outside of Fountain Hills), take Four Peaks Rd over to Roosevelt Lake, take 188 to the Apache Trail, then ride that to Apache Junction and home from there. Sweet dual sport ride.

A few weeks ago we did a loop up to Prescott and back using FSR 24 past Seven Springs, Bloody Basin Rd to Mayer, HWY to Prescott, Senator HWY to Crown King, down to Lake Pleasant on dirt, and then home on pavement from there. Also a great ride, but a long day.

Have you done those? Any other recommendations for me? I'm pretty new to this.

I have the Wolfman tail pack and like it a lot. It's attached to a ProMoto Billet rack, has rigid inserts on three sides so it doesn't slump when it's not stuffed, and it has five different, zippered compartments for various stuff. Easy to get away for a couple of days with room to spare. Different compartments are great for necessary papers, rags, tools, drinks, extra gloves and clothes for extreme temperature variations, etc., etc.

I have the Wolfman tank bag and 2 fender bags. Love them! I made a tail bag out of a horn bag(horse item). Actually got 2 waterproof tail bags for 10 bucks! Those horn bags work great over your gas cap too as extra storage. They just hang from the hole in the middle that would go over the horn on a western saddle.

I used the Wolfman tank bag, Beta and rear duffel on a big trip around Western Australia on a DR650.

Here's some photos of the setup.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ade_booth/slideshow?.dir=/3c5fscd&.src=ph

I found the tank bag too small for maps etc. but the beta and duffel were excellent. Expensive but very well made and well designed. They attach to your rear rack and to the passenger footpegs and when attached are rock solid. Did around 5000kms of rough'ish dirt roads and never had to re-tighten once. Dropped the bike a couple of times and didn't rip or tear.

I fully recommend the beta and rear duffel. I've now got a DRZ400E - and no pillion pegs! It all fits perfectly still but nowhere to attach the 2 front straps to .... so time for some backyard design work.

I used the Wolfman tank bag, Beta and rear duffel on a big trip around Western Australia on a DR650.

Here's some photos of the setup.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ade_booth/slideshow?.dir=/3c5fscd&.src=ph

I found the tank bag too small for maps etc. but the beta and duffel were excellent. Expensive but very well made and well designed. They attach to your rear rack and to the passenger footpegs and when attached are rock solid. Did around 5000kms of rough'ish dirt roads and never had to re-tighten once. Dropped the bike a couple of times and didn't rip or tear.

I fully recommend the beta and rear duffel. I've now got a DRZ400E - and no pillion pegs! It all fits perfectly still but nowhere to attach the 2 front straps to .... so time for some backyard design work.

HOLY BALLS MAN.....Look at the size of that gas tank. :ride: I think you have my minivan beat...what is that? A 10-12 gallon?