Sign in to follow this  

Ripping it up in the staging areas

Is it just me or are many people tired of the riders that rip it up in, around, and throught the staging areas? It sucks ass when you come back to a staging area to eat and you have people throwing up dust because they want to show off. Then you have people throwing rocks all over people's trucks etc. Many people bring kids to the staging areas and it freaks parents out when the pit racer on a CR500 or whatever starts throwing rocks all over. Just the other day I was in such a hurry to leave because I felt like taking heads. I am all for having fun, roosting, kicking up some dirt whatever I just see no reason to do it in a staging area!

Joe........... :ride:

O.K. Joe, I'll quit.......

If you dont know Joe....He will take somebody's head if his children are in danger because of some dumbass that thinks the staging area is for heating up his tires before he heads to the trails.

Tear it up if you like but please do it away from where people gather to load/unload, have lunch or just want to rest.

Jay

Agree completely.........DNR kept the chuckle-heads in check yesterday morning at Walker Valley, but by the time we got back to the trucks, DNR was gone and the staging area turned into a squid-fest! Stupidity is what will kill our sport! On a happier note, had a great first ride of the season and met some really cool people....thanks to Drew and Colin; had a blast!

Squids are why I get an early start and am gone by noon, they don't like to get up early. :ride:

Exactly why I do not park a major staging areas unless I have to.

Kelly, is that so noone will see your parking lot antics? Or mine...?

Squids are why I get an early start and am gone by noon, they don't like to get up early. :ride:

and getting home early to keep the family happy, work on bike, etc...

Kelly, is that so noone will see your parking lot antics? Or mine...?

Oh yeah, and no matter how many trees you hid behind Jeremy might still smash into you in the staging area.

Exactly why I do not park a major staging areas unless I have to.

Same here I try to avoid the main staging areas. Half the time those morons never leave the staging areas.

Its like they are waiting for a free hotdog. :ride:

I completely agree. Although I have been known to mess with the track officials a time or two. They made a rule at one of the tracks that you had to be in first gear and sitting side saddle through the pits to avoid any pit racers. So just to mess with them I rode a 1st gear side saddle wheelie past the gate on my way to the track. I wouldn't have done it except I know the track guy. I can imagine all the trash talking that went on after I pulled that one. :ride:

They made a rule at one of the tracks that you had to be in first gear and sitting side saddle through the pits to avoid any pit racers.

Thats just stupid.

I bought a big tank so I can stay as far from the staging areas for as long as possible.

I have seen one of our club members (who shall remain nameless) come out of his RV and literally clothes line a kid doing donuts on his quad in front of Phil's (ooops, did I just say his name? :banana: ) trailer...........

The problem is, the kid knows no better because his bone head parents don't teach him any better.............

It should never come to violence but like Joe says...... it pisses you off so much you wanna hurt someone :ride:

You guys are big meanies!

I hate it when you tree huggers with your fancy RVs tell me to slow down when I'm tryin' to do donuts on my 3-wheeler. Then you fags yell @ me to put a muffler on my ride. "Too loud? Too bad!" is what I tell 'em. One time a dude got all up in my grille and he's yellin' @ me to slow dawn and wear a helmet- bastige! I ask him how much room you think I got in my rig? I can't pack everything w/ me! I've already got my Tri-Z, 5 bags of trash, a broke washing machine and an old couch! If you've got a helmet to give me, I guess I'll have plenty of room on the way home....

-Tyler

it does seem to be getting worse.we were at middle waddle creek staging area and riders were doing squid riding nonstop.now i realize it might be intimadating for the kids and wife to ride the trails but couldn't they park at a more private area?it would be nice if the staging area got more patrolled and given tickets on the weekends,the word would get out and the squid riding would drop down.

I find small kids going in circles all day long, and others kids riding through the staging area every 5 minutes or so. Seems they ride as much in the staging area as they do on the trails. While adults do show off and zip around, they hit the trails and are gone for a long time, then come back in, make a few laps around the staging area. The little kids, especially the little quad kids tend to look elsewhere instead of there they are going (probably to see if mom is watching them) as they are headed towards a parked or oncoming truck etc. Dangerous as heck.