Sign in to follow this  

Takawega 140cc?

Me and a bunch of my buddys all have stree legal supermoto crf50's and we have races around the neighborhood. Most of my frinends have 124 kits and im stuck on an 81. :ride: . I heard that takawega makes a 140cc twin spark kit and im am soooo interested. does anyone know where I would find that. Also, if you don't know about the 140, what is the fastest, highest performance kit that I could get. Im also gonna get the takawega 5 speed manual kit too.

Tak makes a 54 x 54 setup for most of their heads. There is a source for a 56mm crank that will drop in place of the 54mm unit, which will punch you out from 124cc's to 128. The next bore size up will be 56mm, (138cc) but piston selection gets tougher at that bore. So, I'd piece together a setup. Start with a Tak 115 twinspark kit. This gets you a 54mm piston and cylinder, along with the head. You'll then need to source the 56mm DRP crank. That will be a bit more difficult, as I'm not aware of any US vendors, there are UK ones though that should be able to hook you up.

That'll get you 128cc of high compression powah. I'd stick with a 3spd though as this motor will be tough on transmissions. Learn to bumpstart, and I would stick with a stock flywheel and a crank mounted HD clutch.

Oh, and if money isn't an object, you can do the same with a DOHC setup... :ride:

do your self a favor and stay away from the five speed kits. We tried some awhile back and broke every one. The prob is that to fit every thing in there they make the gears narrower and it uses first gear as an idler for the kick starter. With the 124cc motor if it kicks back at all while trying to start it brakes this gear.

thats way too much to spend for a 50.

Im going to get a klx 110 and sell my crf50. Im getting parts from two brothers to make it a 175cc 6 speed that will produce over 20 hp.

then you will break kick stert spindels believe me i know

Really. I know that they also make stronger kick start spindels. Would those be better?

post some pics of you or your friends street legal 50's ....im curious to see how they look

post some pics of you or your friends street legal 50's ....im curious to see how they look

I don't know how to post pics

I don't know how to post pics

go to photobucket.com, make an account, upload pics, and then they give u an url.

go to photobucket.com, make an account, upload pics, and then they give u an url.

Ill do it but it might take me a few days

Me and a bunch of my buddys all have stree legal supermoto crf50's and we have races around the neighborhood. Most of my frinends have 124 kits and im stuck on an 81. :applause: . I heard that takawega makes a 140cc twin spark kit and im am soooo interested. does anyone know where I would find that. Also, if you don't know about the 140, what is the fastest, highest performance kit that I could get. Im also gonna get the takawega 5 speed manual kit too.
Actually Takegawa does make a 140cc kit actually it is a 144cc but it is for a xr 50/100 motard . The engine is horizontal so it will not work for your 50.

How are the klx's compared to the crf50's? I thought about changin to one of those too...

I used to ride my friends 110, and stock they are amazing for the money, i would have got one but it was way to expensive after tax, dealer shipment costs etc..

How are the klx's compared to the crf50's? I thought about changin to one of those too...

I have a drz110 which is the exact same bike as the klx110 and it is :applause: AMAZING. It is a little heavier than a crf50 but it is awesome bike. I got most of my parts at twobros.com . Here is what I have as far as motor goes. I got the 160cc big bore kit-$299, Stage 4 cylinder head-$700, 55mm stroker crank-$300, 28mm D-Slide carb from bigminis.com, 6 speed transmission kit-$1000, Hydraulic clutch and primary drive gear-$400, m-6 titanium exhaust-$399, Tokyo mods ignition box-$160, and the billet oil cooler-$300, just for looks I got the big nutz engine covers and the billet kick start and shift lever-$340, and to protect all this I got the big nut skit plate-$100 This is a $3900 motor but you don't understand what it is like till you ride it. It is a 175cc high compression stroker motor with a 6 speed transmission and manual clutch and that is just the biginning of this bike. I don't know how fast the bike goes but I sure It can easily go over 100 with the correct gearing :D

For my suspension I have a stock frame that I cut and extended 1.5 inches and a pro swingarm kit from bigminis.com and marzocch forki kit so I am getting 8 inches travel in back and 7 in front with disc brakeson both. When i ride on the street, which is a lot, I use the stock forks with stiff springs and a 12 inch wheel instead of a 14 inch, and I am making a custom swingarm at the machine shop I work at. This bike is the biggest money pit ever but It will kick any other 110s ass that Ive ever seen. Now the only one I have to blame for loosing is myself. I leave all of my friends crf's in the dust :prof: