Uncompahgre?

It looks free of snow, but you'll probably find some snow on the northern slopes, watch the stream crossings, it's been warm and the water is really flowing. When are you going? Want company?

So what do you think the trail conditions would be this coming weekend? We are on our way to Utah and might go out early and ride 1/2 day on Thursday before we hit 95 degrees. Thanks

I hate you.

:ride:

Rode the Delta side of the plateau this weekend, we hit snow at about 8,000-8,500 feet. Not real bad just some drifts etc. However, I don't think you could make it out to the Divide road, based on what we saw, I could be wrong though. Lots of downed timber higher up that hasn't been cleared yet. Most of the streams on the plateau are relatively small, and we had not problems with stream crossings. Note that if you are down lower where several tributaries feed into a larger stream they are real deep, and real fast right now. We took off of from 25 Mesa road and put in a nice 50 mile loop. Also note that temps have been in the low 80's so the snow is going fast.

The lower stuff is all open and dry as of Sunday. The top ie divide road etc has up to 2 ft drifts across it still. I went up transfer if you know the area. I'm guessing the west side stuff would be better but I just came back down a bit and rode the lower stuff on this side. Forcast is pretty toasty this week so things will have improved but the high single track stuff will probably still be a tuff go this weekend. Enjoy Utah :ride:

You may think about camping in Cactus Park east off of Hwy 141, south of Whitewater, CO, southeast of Grand Junction, CO. From there there are a you can head north (down hill) into the 9 Mile Hill area, northeast down to the Gunnison River, east to the Dominquez Canyon WSA overlook, southeast to Wagon Park (lots of awesome views), or south to Divide Road which leads up into the forests. Give it some thought.

Thanks for all the help. Hit the set, those maps were great, It was pretty disappointing to see how many trails had been closed from the old L&S maps. :ride:

In case anyone cares, and to rub it in Hokie's face, :banana: We camped off divide road and on Thursday road 639, awesome short trail with lots of downed timber, then 619 with the biggest water bars I have ever seen to 618, a tight nasty uphill around 606 and back 656 about 50 miles round trip. Headed out to the 10 mile/White wash and met up with the rest of the group. Friday we rode an epic, at least for me, 140 mile loop from 10 mile to Dee trail to Geyser trail to Green river, met up with Big Bore and rode the Blue Castle loop, Rays for a burger, beer and most importantly air conditioning then back to Geyser, Dee and Camp. Saturday we rode red wash, dead cow and sliver canyon and then I headed back to Denver for some much needed rest and AC. I think we are planning and making another trip back to Uncompahgre so any of you "locals" who would like to show us where the great trails are at, let me know.