Sign in to follow this  

My first bike 94 yz250

ok im going to call him today and set up a time to meet tomorrow. im only going to take 1300 and show 12 if he says no I will leave go get lunch. also I know I should start a new thread but, where and how much is insurance for the bike?

Haha you dont need insurance excecpt for yourself especially on that bike. Liability will not cover your bike hitting a fence. It will cover the fence itself lol. If you dont have medical insurance dont do anything crazy or stupid. Cause one trip to the ER for a broken leg or ankle will cost as much youre bike....and hospitals dont negeotiate on the price.

thanks. my mom wanted me to make sure i didnt need insurance when riding. thank you.

I am working on a friend's '94 YZ250 as we speak. My buddy bought his off a friend for $600. Overall the bike is in pretty good shape. The topend and suspension was all redone, but it does also need a little work; reeds, plastics, a broken chain adjuster bolt, broken front axle stud bolts, rear caliper pad pin stripped, axel blocks are warped, new drivetrain and other miscellaneous parts and bolts. Neither of us has yet to ride it, so I can't say how well it's going to handle, (hopefully have everything for it in a few weeks) but I knows it's a hell alot lighter then my DRZ.

If you do buy it I suggest you get a Clymer shop manual for it. Clymer manuals are more descriptive then the OEM manuals. Which helps especially if your new to bikes.

BTW if you can find out where he bought the black plastics and/or what brand they are? Thanks

Picked up my bike on Friday!

slept very little that night. woke up Saturday, drove to the bike shop and picked up Gas tank, fuel mix and a new helmet. took the bike out to Rancho Cucamonga and rode around! was a blast! kicked over first time and rode wonderful. Since it was my second time riding in my life I staled some and had a hard time getting the thing moving but over all had a blast. I drove back to my girlfriends house and unloaded everything.

Woke up Sunday and got the bike all packed up and drove back out and realized that my helmet was not there :ride: OMFGosh where the hell is my helmet!?!? long story short last night it came loose and rolled out the back of the truck. :banana: so another trip to the store and 1 more helmet I was back out on the trails riding all day. what a weekend.

I can't wait till this coming weekend im going riding Friday and Saturday!

so how much did you pay :ride:

ohhh and make sure you get all your gear tied down. a couple of months ago I watched a quad come off a guys trailer on the highway. anyway rock on dude, enjoy your bike, hope to see you around TT....

thanks guys I got it for 1300 :ride: bike rocks just minor things need to be taken care of like maybe some new grips and a new seat. one of the bolts or something came off and one side of the seat is loose :banana: anyways thanks again and I hope to see you all out there! :busted:

Good for you Ryan. As long as your happy, doesnt really matter how much you paid. Be careful.