xr650r kouba lowering link

i am in the market for this item. i wanted to know how it effects the geometry of the bike. will it mess it up and make it handle like crap or will i probably not even notice the difference. i also want to know what 1.5inches actually is(i don't mean literally) if it lowers the seat 1.5 does that transalate to 1.5 when i stand. meaning when i am tippy toe now i probably still will be just not as bad. also i heard alot of people slide the fork tubes up with the link, will that make the bike more or less stable at highway speeds.

thanks for the input in advance.

adam

Well I suposse that you'll have to lower the front more or less the same amount that you lower the rear.I did lowered mine tough not with a link ( I just set the race sag very loose,like the spring's almost got no tension at all) .Anyways the bike started handling like crap indeed.I had to raise the fork tubes to get it back in shape,just do it by increments and ride it till you feel it back.Good luck and wait for more replies,theres a lot of knowledged guys here.

I have the Kouba and like it. You do have to drop the front also. I just slid the forks up w/o problems but the right way to do it is internally.

I have the Kouba and like it. You do have to drop the front also. I just slid the forks up w/o problems but the right way to do it is internally.

I've heard of it before,even did some searching and asking but could'nt find any info on it.I think it's some kind of spacer wich i can fabricate but iI don't know wich it is and where it goes.ANY info will be greatly appreciated.

If you end up going with the Koubalink, I have a used one that has ~5 hours on it that came with one of my XR's and I don't need. PM me if your interested.

PS - I don't know how well it works. I'm planning on getting spacers installed on both ends in a month or so to lower the bike internal to the suspension on the fiance's bike. I think you can get ~1-1.5 inches that way.

Ask if the link still causes the shock to rub the swingarm tunnel.That's the problem I had a couple of years ago when I tried one.

I have a Kouba Link, but haven't installed it yet. Where do you get the springs for the front, and what is the part number? I'm watching this thread with interest.

Thanks,

Chip

The shock is not rubbing the swingarm tunnel on mine.

I'll call and order one, they used to drop the bike almost 2 inches and that threw the shock angle way off, causing it to rub the swingarm with the bottom of the spring.

Doesn't rub on my friend's XR.