Sign in to follow this  

Good Deal?

So soon I'm gonna be part of the DRZ family...I am purchasing an 05 400s with fmf titanium exhaust, dynojetting, aftermarket air filter, flush mount signals, baja led tail, radiator guards, and a couple other small things i can't remember. the dude wants 4000 for it. think it's a good deal? He's taking it to the dealer on friday to get things checked out while the warranty is still good. There is one problem, the speedo always reads km/h instead of mph when you turn it on, and you gotta fudge with it to get it changed. anyone else ever experience this? Is there anything in particular I should be looking for before the purchase? also, is there anything I should do once I get the bike besides suspension changes? thanks for any input.

I am purchasing an 05 400s with fmf titanium exhaust, dynojetting, aftermarket air filter, flush mount signals, baja led tail, radiator guards, and a couple other small things i can't remember. the dude wants 4000 for it. think it's a good deal?

As long as it's mechanically sound I'd jump on it :ride: sounds like a good deal.

If everything's good, that's a smokin deal. It's hard to hurt the engine so just look for obvious signs of abuse, choppy suspension travel, damage to the bottoms of the fork legs, swingarm and lower frame rails(bottom of the bike, under the engine). And check for signs of wear, especialy cracks in the engine side covers and water pump housing and have a close look at the radiators, they bend pretty easy.

Any of this kind of damage should be used as bargaining chips and not discourage you from buying the bike, cuz that is a very decent price.

If the bike is clean and the miles are reasonable then I would jump on it. :ride:

That's what I paid for my 05 with 2 sets of tires, the original tank and the new plastic tank, hand guards, skid plate etc. Mine had 500 miles on it. Only bad thing was I wanted blue and it's yellow. But simply could not pass up that deal. And the guy delivered it too! He was a great seller to work with:)

For what it's worth I bought a stock 2004 DRZ400S with 940 miles on it for $3500 here in NH the beginning of this month. I thought that was a little under valued because most of the asking prices around here seemed to be $4000 - $4200. Keep in mind that I've not been in the market, just did a lot of research on what I wanted for a bike this time around. It was between the DRZ and the Honda XR650L, and I found a deal on a DRZ first.

The morning after I picked up the bike I went on vacation out of state for 10 days, so I've not used it much yet. The only annoyance is that the battery barely starts it. It's supposed to be a new battery, but it just doesn't seem to hold a charge. The bike seems to be great in the little bit of road riding I've done.

I'm not sure about the value of your addons, but I would say that if the mileage is low it's a fair deal in my neck of the woods. I think high gas prices have and a lot of good word of mouth on the DRZ will keep the prices high this year, that's why I bought early on the first good deal I found.

no it aint a good deal

So you think you could buy that bike, with those mods for less than £2,129.83 which is what $4000 is.

You need to take a trip in the real world, that bike as described in this country would be around £2800 as a private deal and £400 more from a dealer.

Me I'd buy it, sounds good to me :banana::busted:

Neil. :ride::smirk::lol:

I would buy an E instead of an S unless you really have a good reason for the S, used or new.

it has 1900 miles on it. Just paid for it yesturday. it comes with the stock tires which are like new. right now it is at the dealer getting looked over since it is still under warranty. Hopefully the guy can pick it up early next week so I can ride!!! can't wait to tear it up, it's obnoxiosly loud...haha

actually i'm not. the tires on it are dot approved knobbies. they are new also. but the stock tires probably won't ever go on the bike unless i don't have the money for new ones.