Sign in to follow this  

Your first MX race

alright guys, im going to try and race the 250 beginner class this saturday at the piru track. i have only been on the track 5 times and this is the only track ive ever ridden (just got into mx from trail riding). i am moving up to san luis obispo next week so i wanted to try a race before i moved. i am not planning on getting 1st or anything, i am just hoping to have a fun time....i love being in competition and hopefully there will be someone my level i can have some fun with during the race.

anyways, i wanna know about your first MX race....all the good details.....how many times you got lapped.....how many times you went down......or the "i got first place my first race."

ill post saturday night on what happens to me.....wish me luck

My first race was the end of the season last year. I was in the 125 c. for pratice I got way to excited and wasted alot of energy that I did not have an excess of due to my lack of training. 1st moto wasn't even sure were I finished till I got my number called 4th for gate pick in the second moto. The second moto was not near as good as the first but on the up side I only got lapped by the leader one turn before the finish. Most of the reason was that I dumped it twice and with my old 01 YZF 250 I took a while to get her fired again then started pushing too hard and dumped it agian :banana: (without the clutch in) So I ended up 3rd from last. Up side was that I still beat three guys even after wrecking and trying to get my bike started. I noticed that you have a 426 in your sig. line if thats the bike you will be racing just keep it running if you crash and you should be fine. I found that if your bike is well maintained you will have no problem being competive in the beginner class. I did however get a newer bike (w/auto decomp and hotstart on the bars) this year and will be racing many more races this year. good luck and welcome to the club :ride:

My first 7 races were G.P.'s...45 minutes plus one lap. I decided I liked the mx part of the course best so I decided to race mx. My first race I took off at G.P. speed (pacing myself) and before I knew it the race was over and I got dead last. Learned a lesson about charging hard from the start.

Hey Jermy01 good luck for your first race dude. It's the best thing in the world for me. Things you'll need; tool box, spare levers, spare air filter, extra goggles or some tear offs, a good meal in your stomach (not just before you race), chain lube and extra gas. Pack all your gear and your bike the night before. Get there on time. Walk the track and get an idea of what you're in for. Use your practice time to get a feel for the track condition etc. Once it's race time take it easy and enjoy...

ughhhh......not going to be able to make the race tomorow.....my jeep mastercylinder decided to take a $hit on me, and doesn't stop very fast at all....im surprised i didn't kill any one on the way home. i have a new one coming tomorow morning, but not early enough, so next month i guess...... :ride::banana::busted::smirk: