Bog Problem

whenever im accelerating hard the bike will bog, and then go back to normal then bog again, like itll be cutting in and out until i get farther in to the gear...it just started today(it was like 70 degrees , cloudy, and scatter storms, a gloomy day) it happens in first somtimes, and all the time in 2nd , 3rd, and 4th , and 5th gear...and its even worse when going over braking bumps....idk if its a jetting problem(fuel screw maybe?) or if its because the air filter was dirty, but i dought its because of that because it just started today and the filter was clean. so does anyone know what could cause this?

what does the spark plug look like?(what color) it sounds either like a electrical or fuel problem.all wire connections tight? any leaks around air boot to carb? or from carb to motor? fuel screw still there? hot start cable stuck?

ok, i replace the fuel screw o-ring with a new one, i spray parts cleaner through all the jets to make sure there clogged, i check the spark plug and its good, i took apart the hot start cleaned it and greased it and its not sticking, and i shimmed the exhaust valves. is there anything else i should do?? ill see how it runs at the track 2morrow...also i shimmed the exhaust valves and the right exhaust is at .25mm when the max. should be .22mm now the bike wont start, and its backfiring when i go to kickstart it...is this because the clearance is to large?

ok, i replace the fuel screw o-ring with a new one, i spray parts cleaner through all the jets to make sure there clogged, i check the spark plug and its good, i took apart the hot start cleaned it and greased it and its not sticking, and i shimmed the exhaust valves. is there anything else i should do?? ill see how it runs at the track 2morrow...also i shimmed the exhaust valves and the right exhaust is at .25mm when the max. should be .22mm now the bike wont start, and its backfiring when i go to kickstart it...is this because the clearance is to large?

i don't know what it is in MM, i go by thousandths. .006 on exhaust, .004 on intake. if you are on the upper end then it shouldn't matter. One thing i would do is get that FN grease out of your hot start. that should not be in the carb and it probably clogged a jet up. clean the hot start piece and put it back in clean and dry.

also, just using carb cleaner on the carb doesn't really get things out of it, it helps, but you really need to hit it with like 120psi on a hose to blow out small particles. I use carb cleaner first, then blow it out with compressed air.

why do you have a feeling that water is in the carb? any water at all in there is bad and will cause it to run like ass.

ok, i got the bike started and i did all the tihngs u guys told me to do, so ill see if it worked at the track, and i also think i found the problem...you know the thing that the spark plug cap is connected to its like a round oval thing thta mounts to the frame(idk what its called) well that was loose and when i was riding and going over the braking bumps that thing could;ve have been slapping back and forth against the frame cuz it was loose...so since it could've been slapping against the frame could that cause the power to keep cutting in and out? just a thought, and also when i warm the bike up with choke on and when i take it off the bike like is normal for like 3 seconds then it like gets lower then eventually dies and when i give it some throttle itll die too....ive always had this problem but i just ignored it...it only stays on if i have the throttle about 1/4 of the way....doesnt that have somthing to do with the pilot jet? or could it be fuel screw....and binder929rr what jetting are u running on your kxf? and are u near sea level?

i'm near sea level and it's been so long since i have had to adjust anything on my carb that i don't really remember. I'm pretty sure i'm at 40 pilot and something like a 178 main.

up to 1/4 throttle that would be pilot jet.

and that oval thing is the coil. if it was loose then it wasn't gettinga good ground and would cause it to cut out.

i went to the dealer last weekend and they didnt have any 06 250f's in stock and they said they will order an 06 kx250f for me on monday and it should arrive in a couple weeks so im waiting for it to come

they'll have to find one, there aren't anymore being produced. There are none in the midwest at all. We did a dealer inquiry when i wanted one. The only way to find one is hope a dealership has one left and they'll sell it to the dealership you are buying from.