Sign in to follow this  

4stroke or 2stroke

I ride a 2005 KLX300R and I am thinking about switching to a KTM 125SX, because I trail ride in Hawaii an the island of Oahu. I am 5'8" 165lbs the trails are tight and the KLX is great but it's heavy and I want something with quicker snap. I have also been considering a YZ125. What are some suggestions?

Did you think about tht KTM 200 exc?That would work great for trail riding! :ride:

You didnt give all that info in your other post that I think I saw. I would get a 200 for those trails. A 125 is too pipey, the 200 is just the ticket for nimble AND power.

I agree, I ride an 03 200exc in oregon and it works great anywhere from the woods to the desert. It's light and powerful.

I want something with quicker snap. I have also been considering a YZ125. What are some suggestions?
I've never ridden a KTM, but I can comment on the Yamaha. While the YZ125 has a great engine, it's mostly a mid-top enginie; as most 125's are. I don't think it would be the best tool for the job on tight, slow trails. If you go Yamaha, consider a YZ250 with a flywheel weight. It's still pretty light and has snap to spare. From my knowledge of KTM's, either a 200 XC-W or a 250 XC-W would probably also fit nicely.

i would have to agree with the others that have said to get a 200exc. i ride some singletrack, and some wide and fast quad trails, and my 200 is great on all of it. it's very light and flickable, and it is pretty snappy which makes it alot of fun to ride.

I ride a 2005 KLX300R and I am thinking about switching to a KTM 125SX, because I trail ride in Hawaii an the island of Oahu. I am 5'8" 165lbs the trails are tight and the KLX is great but it's heavy and I want something with quicker snap. I have also been considering a YZ125. What are some suggestions?

Check with TortureChambers. He does a lot of riding around there and would be a great asset when chosing a bike. Very cool dude.