Clutch basket yz 426 -00

Does any one having problems With theirs? i was driving in thick mud and dirt it really had to work hard on the 4 gear then i stopped and when i started again i heard a ticking sound from the engine, so i went home and opened it up, it is very nice original clutch in great condition, but it broke down :banana: in two bits :ride: a crack from the center and all way out, what brand should i replace it with? anyone who know who sells cheap clutch baskets? i want a basket that fits with original parts!

If it were me I would put a Hinson clutch basket in, if I was gonna replace it. As far as clutches go I would go with the stock ones they are a lot better than the aftermarket ones i've found. If it were me for your 2000 yz426 I would do the 2001 clutch upgrade it makes the clutch work better and less grabby.

If it were me I would put a Hinson clutch basket in, if I was gonna replace it. As far as clutches go I would go with the stock ones they are a lot better than the aftermarket ones i've found. If it were me for your 2000 yz426 I would do the 2001 clutch upgrade it makes the clutch work better and less grabby.

Is there some guide to what parts that are needed for the 2001 clutch upgrade? :ride:

i EXPERIENCE THIS CLUTCH BASKET FAILURE. I had 3 YZ-426 all 2000 year , and its the first time that it happens to me. My sugestion is to go with the original Yamaha parts, not to expensive and its a good part. If you have the money for it and want to keep the bikes for some times, put an Hinson, they are buletproof. I will return you the tips for the clutch update to 01, i have done the mods, and its works wonderfuly.Its a very good mods to do to 00. :ride:

I also had troubles with my clutch basket, I just replaced it with the oem part, it's worked fine ever since. :ride:

I replaced my stocker w/ a Performance Engineering unit from Motosports Outlet last summer and it's certainly a much nicer unit than stock. Mt stocker was starting to groove at the fingers and felt that $130 was a worthwhile investment since I just spent $1200 rebuilding the engine. One year later and no regrets.

I did have to replace the hub this year since the splined portion was starting to spin within the hub body. Keep an eye on that too.