Sign in to follow this  

music while riding

does anybody listien to music when they ride

if so were do u put your- cd player, ipod, ect.....???

i have one of those cheap mp3 players from walmart, there like a stick of gum and i put it on a shoe lace and wear it around my neck under my jersey..... works great for me

i put mine in my camel back. it works but i cant adjust volume, change songs,... so it kinda sucks when i'm with other people. gotta say i love having the tunes though.

woah, ive never thought if listening to music while riding..i might try that, using my iPod shuffle...but i would think it would destract me for some reason? what about you guys? i want to try i now but i dont want to get destracted and crash..and anothe thing is what if you had an emergency or anything, you owuldnt be able to hear anything around you, right?

I tried it before. I just had it in my pocket and ran the headphone wire under my jersey. lol for some reason the music made me want to twist the trottle harder. :ride:

IMO if you can't hear the engine you won't ride as well. You'll miss up and down shifting more.

I have a cheap mp3 player that fits 12 songs, I spent about 15 dollars on the whole thing and use it at the track during those long practice days...

I have it set at the lowest I can hear it, and have metal and rock loaded on it (slayer, metalica, megadeth, system of a down, killswitch engage), I find it doesnt destract me, sometimes I dont even notice it, Ive noticed I can time rythem sections better with music...just me though.

I cut out some of the foam in my chest proector and run the wires up through the back of the chest protector and have the earbuds in my helmet.

I like it. Especialy when I am sick of doing laps all day on the track I usually ride...

i still have the same question. can you hear anything while your playing it? if i listened to it i would think that you wouldnt be able to hear anything around your or thats going on, or you wouldnt be able to hear when to shift or hear your engine on a hill climb or anything? yet again, i ahve a 250 two stroke, and its pretty loud, so im assuming that i would be able to hear that even with the music on?

got the whole thing on ebay....

You can hear everything when you are riding it, I have a YZ125 with a pipe and everything...I just have the music set at where you can just hear it, you can hear your bike, your shifting, other bikes....Its really nothing, just dont have it blaring and you are good, Actually, I will go look at it....

Its a memorex player

27610872.JPG

If I were going to do it again I would get one of those armband ones.

I put it in my gas tank, it makes the sound quality better, and it gives my bike 15 HP!!!

i listen to rock makes me wanna go faster, music helps me focus, i got a sony walkman mp3 player hundred bucks, three hundred songs, good enuf for me.

I have been listening to an ipod shuffle for the last 2 1/2 years on my arm and its awesome. Its a litte hard to get used to but after the first 10 minutes of riding while listening to music you get used to it. Now I cant ride without it. And you can hear the bike just fine even at full blast. If anybody is considering getting one for that reason id say go with the shuffle and get the apple armband for the shuffle its perfect for riding.

Is the music not too loud for your ears? Like when u shut off your bike would the music not be really loud? Im 16 and already have some slight hearing lose and try to becareful about how loud the stuff i listen to is...

Most of the time I listen to music when I ride. Usually metal, hard rock, etc. It does make you want to go faster. I keep the volume at low-middle to middle; I can hear the engine just fine. Sometimes when I'm riding in dirt (I have a dual-sport XR650L) I turn the music off because it does distract you from hearing the engine and concentrating in general during tricky stuff.

I use ear plugs to decrease the avg. dB level on a 4-8 hr ride day. I have though caught myself singing songs in my head and out loud like Queen's "Keep Yourself Alive". When I'm "On" and flying through the woods, it's GNR "Welcome To The Jungle" or something similar.

r

I tried it once. I put it on a low-moderate sound setting- loud enough that I could hear it, but could still hear my engine just fine.

I felt that it made me ride faster, with less inhibitions. For some, that could be really bad (like if you are already crazy) but for me it was helpful because I think too much when I ride and don't try things I am capable of doing. With the music, I was able to just do things without much thought. You just have to be careful and know when to stop paying attention to the music- like in really tricky or unfamiliar terrain. It can take some of your attention away.

Just remember that it really depends on how loud you turn it up and how well you can drown it out when necessary. Do you get distracted by music while driving your car? If you do, then don't ride with it.