Pink wire mod.

besides the air filter and a small up jet, I have not changed a thing and I still rid e the hell out of it. I suggest to just ride it. :excuseme:

The pink wire mod shifts the engine limiter threshold. The pink wire part of the circuit that talks to the ignition module via/with the throttle position sensor. If you disconnect the wire you are allowing the engine to rev to the limit ceiling faster.

This in turn allows you to reach maximum but not higher RPM sooner and this is why you notice a difference in the low to mid range. There is no increase power!! The rev limiter circuit starts to work well before maximum rpm is reached to prevent the engine limiting being too sudden and harsh. The pink wire mod only makes the limiter work faster and more aggressively but does not increase engine RPM.

This is a nice explanation, thank you. My question is, can disconnecting the pink wire hasten damage / wear to the engine? I don't usually ride anywhere near the upper rpm limit of this machine, but I do want to know that when I crash and my bike is on the ground spinning in circles because the throttle is pinned wide open, that the rev limiter will do it's job and keep my bike from grenading. Any input on this? Thanks.

The pink wire mod shifts the engine limiter threshold. The pink wire part of the circuit that talks to the ignition module via/with the throttle position sensor. If you disconnect the wire you are allowing the engine to rev to the limit ceiling faster.

This in turn allows you to reach maximum but not higher RPM sooner and this is why you notice a difference in the low to mid range. There is no increase power!! The rev limiter circuit starts to work well before maximum rpm is reached to prevent the engine limiting being too sudden and harsh. The pink wire mod only makes the limiter work faster and more aggressively but does not increase engine RPM.

Finally, someone who gets how this circuit works. It is not a moving brick wall, but a change in Threshold limiting.

Sheez!

How do you explain the dyno charts that were posted that clearly show a 500rpm increase with the pink wire disconnected? Your comments sound good, but the dyno results show that there is an increase in RPM.

The Dyno has a gain makeup in the RPM module which allows it to work accurately on different types of ignition systems. By removing the pink wire you are changing the inductive load of the ignition system so the dyno will compensate for the gain change in the circuit resulting in a false reading. This is not the fault of the dyno but it is the fault of the person who disconnects the pink wire!! :excuseme:

W.t.f. Do I Cut It Or Not????

It doesnt help performance. You are getting the poink wire confused with the grey wire on yamahas. The grey wire changes the timing. You owe me a g

why does it jd to say the same thing that i said for people to believe it

why does it jd to say the same thing that i said for people to believe it

Your reputation precedes you. :excuseme:

Well, after having read about the "pink wire mod" on various occasions in the forum, I finally decided to give it a try this past Sunday. Of course my observations are highly subjective, but I do have to say that I noticed an improvment in the engine's thottle response - the bike just feels like it has a little bit more bark when twisting the throttle. I am a skeptical person by nature, and was skeptical of this mod, but I do admit that I feel a difference. Perhaps it's a placebo effect...I don't know. Now if someone would just re-assure me that my bike won't grenade due to this modification????

The pink wire does not affect your timing which is important. It comunicates periodically with the rev limiter telling it the progessive engine RPM. The limiter will still kick in when it should. The mod in my opinion can not hurt your engine.

OK heres the real truth about the pink wire. if you do the mod the whole world will blow up :bonk: because it is the power source for the button that lock is pushing every 108 minutes. DON"T DO THE MOD!!!

Come on now. JD went through all the trouble of hooking up a bike to a dyno and pulling runs to verify the effects. What gain would he have to alter the results in any way? unless it really is powering that computer. :excuseme:

:busted:

Well, let's add a little more to the confusion:

I just called a pal of mine at a Honda shop's service office and asked him to contact the Honda technicians (some hotline number they have for technical questions) in reference to this issue.

According to the Honda techs, it simply raises the level at which the rev limiter engages - nothing else. :excuseme:

Someone decisively end this please so I can stop bangin' my head into every wall I see :bonk:

...what if.......just what if.....the pink wire mod is like the "hokey pokey".

what if .............."that's what it's all about !!! " :p

........"when will the madness end ??????????" :p

:excuseme::bonk::busted::bonk::p

It doesnt help performance. You are getting the poink wire confused with the grey wire on yamahas. The grey wire changes the timing. You owe me a g

once af-ingain, it doesnt do shiiit?!!!!! I said this weeks ago. When will you guys learn that i know more about these scooters then 99% of you. :excuseme:

once af-ingain, it doesnt do shiiit?!!!!! I said this weeks ago. When will you guys learn that i know more about these scooters then 99% of you. :bonk:

Don't forget to tell us how humble you are to :excuseme:

well i dont like to brag but. I better be careful, i might dislocate my shoulder patting myself on my back

Just for the record I have not and will not do the pink wire mod. What if the pink wire was red? Would it be left alone because its not pink? :excuseme:

The Dyno has a gain makeup in the RPM module which allows it to work accurately on different types of ignition systems. By removing the pink wire you are changing the inductive load of the ignition system so the dyno will compensate for the gain change in the circuit resulting in a false reading. This is not the fault of the dyno but it is the fault of the person who disconnects the pink wire!! :excuseme:

Dynos don't use inductive rpm sensors. They use the back tire rpms compensating for gear ratio. Not even engine only dynos use inductive rpm sensors. The only thing that uses an nductive rpm sensor is an aftermarket rpm cluster. And even then it would probably be a direct plug in or passthrough harness type.

Well, let's add a little more to the confusion:

I just called a pal of mine at a Honda shop's service office and asked him to contact the Honda technicians (some hotline number they have for technical questions) in reference to this issue.

According to the Honda techs, it simply raises the level at which the rev limiter engages - nothing else. :excuseme:

Someone decisively end this please so I can stop bangin' my head into every wall I see :bonk:

Where's the HA-HA! smiley? If you need to raise the rev ceiling, you suck at shifting gears.

Dynos don't use inductive rpm sensors. They use the back tire rpms compensating for gear ratio. Not even engine only dynos use inductive rpm sensors. The only thing that uses an nductive rpm sensor is an aftermarket rpm cluster. And even then it would probably be a direct plug in or passthrough harness type.

wolfmangk without making this thread about dyno's and with total respect to you I will say this, go to this link and it will confirm what I said. If the link doesn't confirm it then maybe I can scan the manual and technical data for the dyno thats in my buddy's workshop which I installed and have used several times. The 100 series dyno's did not have an inductive rpm sensor the one I am referring to is a 250i and it absolutely does. Looking at the dyno charts posted about this topic I would say they were from a 200/250 series.http://www.dynojet.com/motorcycle_dyno/hardware.aspx