Baja Designs is killing me

After several months of shopping around and debating which bike to buy, I decided on the WR450 and ordered it with the Baja Designs d/s kit from the Yamaha dealer in Ely Nv. Everything is redy to be picked up except the light kit hasnt showed up yet. I know patience is a virtue but, Im climbing the walls right now. Ive never ridden a 4stroker dirt bike before and Im anxious to compare it to my RM250.

Sorry, just venting

John in Vegas

Easy John. Easy.

Hey, What hoops did you have to jump through with DMV?

I am also from Vegas and definitely get a plate for it some day.

none, I hope. The dealer said because i put the kit on it and added the mirrors I will have the paperwork to go down to register it and it will have the temp tag on it when I leave the dealer. I also did some email with dmv and it really seems easy here in Nv. Worst case is that Ill have to have it inspected for all the required goodies. If you let me know where to send it, I can email a copy of all of that correspondance from dmv to you .

John in Vegas

Easy John. Easy.

Hey, What hoops did you have to jump through with DMV?

I am also from Vegas and definitely get a plate for it some day.

I lived in Vegas for a couple of years and did not register my bike for the street after I got a price quote from my insurance dealer.... :banana: I hope you have made the call to check $. If so Good Luck and Happy Riding. :ride:

I lived in Vegas for a couple of years and did not register my bike for the street after I got a price quote from my insurance dealer.... :banana: I hope you have made the call to check $. If so Good Luck and Happy Riding. :ride:

I'm paying Progressive ~$130/yr for full coverage....

JonnyJeep

The 06WR450 doesnt have a "light kit". You get a new harness and connector for the stock light and thats it. It will give you the ability to have Hi-Low and thats all you need.

Yeah i know, i just kinda called it a light kit cause I have to install the turn signals and switches. Picked the bike up last night and got it torn down now installing the kit, just taking a break. In stock form, that thing sounds like a moped.

John in Vegas

yeah, the stock WR is very restricted on intake and exhaust forsure, removed one baffle and promoto insert and opened up the intake, love the sound now, i love loud, i may even try a YZ muffler if i can get away with it.

no-one here to check for spark arrestor or Decibal checks.