Sign in to follow this  

Local guy has KX450F for $4300

Says there is only about 5-6 hours on it so that is more like 10-12 but still, $4300 is still hard to pass up. What should I look for? Looks clean.

before i would buy it i would see if you could get the valves checked out. its not worth it if something is f'ed up on it.

good luck

before i would buy it i would see if you could get the valves checked out. its not worth it if something is f'ed up on it.

good luck

As a current CRF450 owner I know the valve game all too well. That is definitely something I will check. BTW, can anyone tell me what the clearances should be on the KX450F valves?

As a current CRF450 owner I know the valve game all too well. That is definitely something I will check. BTW, can anyone tell me what the clearances should be on the KX450F valves?

Not off the top of my head BUT go to the KX450F FAQ Page (Link is at the top of every KX450F Forum thread list). There is a link in the FAQ section to download a PDF copy of the Service Manual. If you are thinking of buying a KX450, I would recommend a quick glance in the manual anyways. That way you can compare maintainence procedures to see if they suite your needs.

I just put a piston in (just a precaution) and the valves were perfect! this was at 19 hrs.

I just put a piston in (just a precaution) and the valves were perfect! this was at 19 hrs.

Where's the pics????

This Will Be My First Four Stroke I Currently Own A 2001 Honda Cr250r And I Am Happy With It But My Brother Talked Me Into Buying A Four Stroke Before This Honda I Owned Nothing But Kawi's So It Was Only Right For Me To Buy This Kx 450 Buy The Way I Got It For $4200 And It Will Be Here Next Wednesday.have You Rode One Yet? What Can I Expect??