Sign in to follow this  

06 Cr85r

Hiya Peeps

I am considering buying a 06 CR85R but I weigh 75kgs. Will this struggle to carry my weight? The CR is purely for fun and to blow a few of my mates away and their chinese 125 bikes. What are the pro's & cons for this type of bike?

Cheers, Steve

I weigh 165lbs and the 85 has NO problem at all. You will want to keep the rear shock at least at the middle setting for preload. I drag raced a Honda 500 utility quad and beat him for about two hundred yards and I'm about dead even with my Son's Suzuki 650 Savage up to about 60 mph. Granted, neither of these races were against really fast bike, but remember this in an 85! Very reliable and good running right out of the box. My son has one too and he loves his and now the neighbor who rides an XR100 wants one. LOADS of fun. :ride:

PS - Be very careful about wheelies or you WILL flip it. Mine will easily wheelie in 4th gear.

Hey Bibleman

Excellent to hear! Tell me have you modded your bike at all? Does the CR85 benefit well from a power pipe? Or have you left your CR85 stock?

Cheers, Steve

I weigh 165lbs and the 85 has NO problem at all. You will want to keep the rear shock at least at the middle setting for preload. I drag raced a Honda 500 utility quad and beat him for about two hundred yards and I'm about dead even with my Son's Suzuki 650 Savage up to about 60 mph. Granted, neither of these races were against really fast bike, but remember this in an 85! Very reliable and good running right out of the box. My son has one too and he loves his and now the neighbor who rides an XR100 wants one. LOADS of fun. :ride:

PS - Be very careful about wheelies or you WILL flip it. Mine will easily wheelie in 4th gear.

Mine and my son's (Jesusfreak) are both stock since we're a little low on funds at the moment. I can't really think of any area that needs improvement aside from possibly the chain. At first it stretched alot, but it seems to have stabilized.

I would help, to buy a Ohlins rear shock, my dad (who weighs about 75-80kgs)

rode my bike and kept on bottoming out

they may be a bit pricey, but they would help a lot :ride::banana:

Couldn't you just buy a stronger factory spring which takes more weight?

I would help, to buy a Ohlins rear shock, my dad (who weighs about 75-80kgs)

rode my bike and kept on bottoming out

they may be a bit pricey, but they would help a lot :applause::D

Yes you can. But mine is fine with the original shock in the middle preload setting. Then again, I don't ride like a wild youngster anymore either :applause:

Thanx for the info Bibleman!!!

Yes you can. But mine is fine with the original shock in the middle preload setting. Then again, I don't ride like a wild youngster anymore either :applause: